Water Phase Standard Hotel is a leading firm in the hospitality industry. We are dedicated to ensuring the comfort of our guests. Our luxury accommodation in the heart of Edo State, Benin Cityoffers unparalleled guest services. Water Phase Standard Hotel is superbly placed to cater for guest service requirements; ensuring guest stay is both pleasant & unforgettable, we combine the experience of our team which represents a breadth and depth of expertise that is unmatched, and we believe our people are the cornerstone of our success. We are committed to making our place a great place to work and provide the foundation for building successful careers. If you share our passion for delivering unequal hospitality service where details matter, apply today to join our team.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sales Girl / Cashier
Location: Benin City, Edo
Employment Type: Full-time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Post guest charges and credits into each individual guest folio on a daily basis.
- Prepare bills and present them to guest at the time of the guest’s departure. Settle all bills on departure
- Prepare the cashier’s report envelope and seal the envelope with the daily cash collection
- Reporting for work on time and be well dressed, courteous and tactful in handling guests and customers.
- Operate the accounting software system
- Control safety deposit locker
- Records guest settlements in a computerized cashiering system.
- Maintain cash book for shift transactions
- Settle guest accounts by accepting cash, credit card, travellers’ cheque, etc.
- Balance the cash and close the shift
- Make sure there is internal control maintained over all the transactions
- Prepare reports as specified by the management
- Counts money to verify amounts and issues receipts for funds received.
- Compares totals on cash register with amount of currency in register to verify balances.
- Prepares bank deposit slips.
- Disburses cash and writes vouchers and checks in payment of company expenditures.
- Be familiar with all menupricing at all outlets so as to ensure all F&B charges are correctly charged and amount collected as per the bill.
- Establish Effective Employee relations, maintains the highest level of professionalism, ethic and attitude towards all hotels guest, clients, head of department and employees.
Required Skills and abilities
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years work experience.
- MUST have experience in hotel cashiering
- Must be able to use a cash register.
- Must be familiar with software application (e.g. POS)
- Ability to stand and walk for the duration of the shift
- Demonstrated proficiency in the operation of calculator/adding machine.
- Move effectively and efficiently throughout the hotel
- Document and comprehend all reservations, inputs data into the reservation system.
- Basic math skills to process payments
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good communication and solid English language skills
- Professional telephone etiquette
- Talent for multitasking
Application Closing Date
27th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the word ‘Cashier’ as the subject matter of the mail.