The College of Education, Gindiri, Plateau State is a state owned tertiary institution established vide Plateau Stae Edict No. 26 of 1980 when the then government of late Chief Solomon Daushep Lar deemed it expedient floating a second college of education in the then Plateau State (with the first being the College of Education, Akwanga).
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidate to fill the management position below:
Job Title: Provost
Location: Gindiri, Plateau
Qualification and Experience
- Possession of a Ph.D or Master’s Degree in Education and any academic discipline in a field relevant to at least one programme in the College from a recognised University and should not be below the rank of a Chief Lecturer on COMPCASS 15 or a Senior Lecturer from a University. The possession of Ph.D and knowledge of ICT shall be an added advantage.
- Must not have less than 15 years post-qualification cognate teaching and administrative experience in a Tertiary Institution, and must have served for 5 years as a Chief Lecturer in a College of Education or as a Senior Lecturer in a University.
- Must not be above 60 years of age.
- Should have potentials and capabilities for providing academic leadership and executive direction for an institution of this standing.
- Have considerable administrative experience in an institution of higher learning and must have made substantial contributions to teaching / knowledge through research / publications in scholarly professional journals and other publications.
- Must be of good conduct, possess sense of discipline, dedication, resourcefulness and be able to command the respect and loyalty of members of staff and students.
- Must be able to foster personal, social, ethnic, political, religious and other sectional interests.
Application Closing Date
14th December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward 25 copies of their Applications, Credentials and CV to the “Sole Administrator, College of Education, Gindiri, Plateau State”, highlighting the following:
- Full name
- Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and age(s) of Children
- Academic Qualifications
- Positions held with dates
- Membership of Professional Body(ies)
- Professional / Administrative experience(s)
- Relevant Conferences / Workshops attended
- Awards, Honours or other distinguished awards received and community service
- Contact Address (Phone Number / e-mail)
- Candidates are advised, to request three (3) referees to forward reports on them under confidential to the address below
All Applications and Referee report should be forwarded to:
The Sole Administrator,
College of Education,
PMB 01000, Gindiri,
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview by the College at a date to be communicated to them.