We are piloting our innovative approach to improving farmer livelihoods in Niger State. We are seeking an exceptional professional with a 2+ years of work experience in managing supply chain, procurement, and logistics.
In order to maintain One Acre Fund’s ambitious growth trajectory, the New Country Expansion team has identified Nigeria as a critical country to expand to, and we have begun our pilot program in Minna, Niger State.
ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms largely more productive. Our 7,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, our farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are piloting our innovative approach to improving farmer livelihoods in Niger State. In 2021, we plan to grow from 1,800+ farmers, while investing in systems, people, and processes to allow us to grow to 10,000 farmers by 2022. The Logistics & Procurement Coordinator reports to the Systems Associate; manage transportation, warehousing and last-mile distribution of the products we sell to farmers while trying out new approaches to ensure the pilot can scale to +10,000 farmers within the next two years.
- End-to-end vendor screening, selection, procurement and relationship management, ensuring that all One Acre Fund procurement guidelines are followed.
- Support forecasting and procurement of over +300 Metric Tonnes in products for the 2021 season.
- Manage and track all inventory on SAP and internal data-management systems
- Plan and prepare warehouse layouts to ensure effective security and efficient storage
Coordinate the delivery to and receipt of inputs at the warehouse
- Manage and train the Warehouse Coordinator on One Acre Fund logistics policies and oversee hiring and coordination of warehouse casuals.
- Conduct monthly warehouse inventory audits
- Assess delivery sites in our farmers’ communities and schedule delivery across 20+ rural locations.
- Maintain year-round inventory and delivery of products to support sales through local markets
- Recommend changes and improvements to current pilot systems
Please note: this is subject to addition or subtraction of responsibilities at the organization’s discretion.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
- Commitment to the One Acre Fund mission of alleviating food insecurity in Nigeria
- Willingness to look for problems and solve them collaboratively
- University degree in either supply chain, procurement or logistics and 2 years of work experience OR 6+ years proven work experience managing supply chain, procurement or logistics of a company
- Experience in supervisor role, managing small teams
- Proficiency in Google Suite, to include MS Excel for tracking Goals and inventory management; experience with SAP or similar software
- Language: English and Hausa Preferred.
PREFERRED START DATE
- Compensation consistent with experience
- Relocation allowance
- Housing stipend
- Health insurance
- Paid time off, paternity/maternity leave
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
No; Must have existing rights to work in Nigeria.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.