Job ID: P1533V5041
Place of use: Abuja
Field of activity
The project funded by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) “Strengthening the capacities for peacebuilding and conflict resolution in Central Nigeria” is a transitional aid project and aims to create the conditions for a de-escalation of the violent conflicts in the Plateau State in Central Nigeria The project is active at the project locations Abuja and Jos in Nigeria. The project “Promotion of the African rice value chain”, financed by the BMZ and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, aims to increase productivity and improve the quality of rice production by small farmers and farmers. The regional project is currently being implemented in three African countries: Nigeria, Burkina Faso and Tanzania.
- Advice on financial management, commercial decisions, budget and cash planning, efficient monitoring of costs, expenses and receivables
- Mentoring and professional guidance of the financial and administrative staff as well as ensuring the commercial knowledge transfer to national project staff
- Establishment of effective commercial and administrative structures and processes
- Ensuring the processing of rule-compliant, commercial processes
- Preparation, control and follow-up of internal controls, revisions and external audits
- Financial reporting support
- Participation in the preparation of budgets for contracts with partners and implementation of commercial training
- Handling and support of the controlling of local grants, financing agreements and grants
- Completed university degree in business administration or comparable qualification
- Comprehensive knowledge of commercial processes and a sound understanding of financial and contractual tasks in the context of GIZ projects
- Good knowledge of the relevant IT instruments (WinPaccs, CostControl, SAP-FI, Onsite Reporting, Office applications)
- Good communication skills and team player mentality
- Strong intercultural sensitivity
- Resilience and high tolerance for frustration
- Willingness to provide a team of national employees with technical and administrative training
- Business fluent English skills, German skills are an advantage
In order to do justice to the special features of the deployment at a location with a fragile security situation, GIZ offers an additional, attractive service package.
The following link provides information about living and working in Nigeria .
The security situation is tense. There are special precautionary measures for GIZ employees on site. GIZ’s requirements for security measures must be followed at all times. Please also inform yourself about country-specific information from the Federal Foreign Office. GIZ is on site with a professional security risk management system. The freedom of movement is restricted. There are no restrictions on the part of GIZ for family members to leave the country. If necessary, we ask you to find out which forms of relationship are legally and socially accepted in the country of assignment.
GIZ operates worldwide. As a GIZ employee, you are ready to work internationally and are happy to pass on your know-how.
The job is suitable for full-time or part-time staff.
The willingness to take regular business trips within Nigeria as well as to other African countries (Burkina Faso, Tanzania) is required.
Please understand that we can only accept and process applications via our e-recruiting system. After confirming the successfully created application, we ask you to check your spam / junk folder regularly, as e-mails from our eRecruiting system are classified as spam by some providers.
GIZ would like to increase the number of people with disabilities in the company. Therefore, we look forward to relevant applications.
Here you can get an overview of our service packages.
The prerequisite for the conclusion of the contract is the lifting of the restrictions on travel and business travel currently in force in the company to contain the Covid 19 virus that is spreading worldwide.