The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Institute’s project locations: Position: Zonal Coordinators
Duration: November 2020 – June 2021
Location: 6 Geo-Political Zones
Closing Date: 9 November 2020
• Assist in the recruitment and selection of potential supervisors and interviewers.
• Coordinate with the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) and National Population Commission (NPopC) on household listing, sampling of respondents, mobilization, and sensitization.
• Take overall responsibility for managing all field teams including biomarker/anthropometry field teams and communicate with government and community leaders.
• Train dietary interviewers on the dietary component of the survey.
• Provide hands-on support to all field supervisors.
• Oversee pre-testing and piloting activities.
• Keep fieldwork running to the agreed schedule (field calendar) and promptly report problems that might create overruns.
• Oversee data quality administration by carrying out random reviews of questionnaires on a timely basis to provide feedback to supervisors and interviewers as needed.
• Maintain the quality of data collection by encouraging diligent work by field teams and timely uploading of collected data.
• Develop a zonal field calendar in collaboration with the survey coordinator and component leads.
• Provide updates to overall survey coordinator and survey component leads.
• Write a report at the end of data collection on zonal activities and field experience and submit to the survey overall coordinator.
Master’s in nutrition, food science/technology, community development or public health (or an advanced degree in a relevant field). An employee of state or federal government with above qualifications can also apply with minimum of five (5) years’ related experience performing related role. Candidates from the zone and residing in the zone are highly preferred.
The ideal candidate must:
• Be proficient in using tablet-based data collection
• Have familiarity working in rural Nigeria
• Be fluent in English and at least one local language spoken in the assigned zone are required.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format to IITA website: http://jobs.iita.org/erecruit no later than two weeks from the date of this publication. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees
which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor or professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.