The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable applicants for the positions below at the Institute’s project locations:
Position: Dietary Intake Supervisor
Duration: December 2020 – June 2021
Location: 36 states
Closing Date: 9 November 2020
1. Assist in the recruitment and selection of potential dietary interviewers.
2. Assist in the training of interviewers to conduct the dietary component of the survey (including the dietary pre-training, the collection of dietary interviews which includes a 24-hour dietary recall, and the collection of food samples).
3. Work with local guides to identify respondents.
4. Supervise the pilot testing for the dietary component of the survey.
5. Prepare for fieldwork as well as provide interviewers with all required survey materials.
6. Support pre-training for respondents in conjunction with the dietary pre-trainers and community mobilizers.
7. Monitor household dietary interviewers and review the supervisor’s form after completion of each dietary data collection. Also evaluate interviewer’s performance and give feedback.
8. Address all interviewers’ concerns as they arise.
9. Control data quality by checking for errors during interviewing and measurements daily and after the interview every week.
9. Liaise with survey communities (community leader and/or contact person) to ensure that survey activities proceed smoothly.
10. Liaise with field teams to coordinate group training and household visit schedules.
11. Monitor the use of field equipment, ensuring that they are kept in good working order and that problems are reported promptly and provide replacement materials.
12. Investigate high levels of non-responsiveness among interview teams.
13. Check that interviewers are not replacing participants who are difficult to contact with other people and are giving all respondents 3 opportunities to respond if not available during the first visit.
14. Keep the interview teams on schedule.
15. Report to the zonal coordinator within his/her assigned geopolitical zone.
BSc/HND in nutrition, food science/technology, community development or public health (or master’s degree in a relevant field). An employee of state or federal government with above qualifications can also apply with minimum of two (2) years’ related experience in related role. Candidates from the zone and residing in the zone are highly preferred.
The ideal candidate must:
• Be proficient in using tablet-based data collection.
• Be familiar with working in rural Nigeria.
• Be fluent in English and at least one local language spoken in the assigned zone.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format to IITA website: http://jobs.iita.org/erecruit no later than two weeks from the date of this publication. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees
which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor or professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.