Michael Stevens Consulting is a Management consulting company, whose focus has been on rendering the following services: Training, Recruitment of Personnel, Outsourcing of Personnel and rendering Financial and Management consulting services to the Manufacturing, Oil & Gas, Telecommunications, engineering services, Hospitality Industry, Public Sector etc.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Prepare financial statements (balance sheet, profit & loss accounts) in accordance with Nigeria and International Financial Accounting Standards.
- Perform month end and year end closing process and reporting to management team on timely basis.
- Verify collection and arrange for payment on daily basis.
- Prepare reconciliation for all Account Payables, Receivables, and control accounts.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately.
- Prepare and submit tax reporting on time as well as arranging for related tax payments.
- Assist the HR in preparation and implementing of the payroll (computation of salary, other benefits, and deductions);
Location, Reporting, Skills and Qualifications
- The accountant reports to the Chief Executive Officer but has a dotted line reporting responsibility to the Chief Operating Officer (COO).
- This role is based in Lagos, but the successful hire may be visiting other company outlets in other parts of the country. To be a good fit for this opportunity you will have a strong financial background and a solid understanding of accounting, as well as some years of experience in MN trading business.
- We are looking for a dynamic professional with strong ownership, a can-do attitude, good leadership skills and initiative to drive changes that impact the entire organization, including the ability to influence and motivate others, not limited to conflict resolution.
- Minimum 10 years of working experience in similar roles
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance or full professional qualification (e.g. ACCA, ACA, CPA)
- Experience in handling local tax regulation (e.g, VAT/ CIT/ET/ withholding tax)
- Strong leadership and highly motivated to overcome challenges
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written in English.
- Able to supervise junior team members and provide guidance
- High level of ethics, integrity, and professionalism.
- Not more than 45 years of age
N3.6m – N4.8m Annually.
Application Closing Date
5th November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.