- Drive the implementation of programs to actualize DCP Nigeria and across Pan Africa’s approved recruitment strategies.
- To formulate and proactively implement appropriate strategies and plans to identify, attract, select, and hire the best talent to meet the manpower needs of the company.
- To coordinate and monitor timely and efficient execution of all recruitment activities company-wide
- Champion the implementation of group approved recruitment strategies and plans within DCP Nigeria and across Pan Africa.
- Participate in the design and drive execution of appropriate systems/ frameworks to support recruitment in DCP.
- Plan and develop forecasts for DCP’s workforce requirement, track and monitor country-wide manning levels.
- Liaise with relevant officers within the Group for identification, selection and hiring of best-in-class talent to meet DCP’s resource needs; liaise with relevant Group officers accordingly.
- Ensure documentation of appropriate employer/ employee agreements, terms and conditions of work in line with Country specific Labour Law requirements and DCP’s provisions.
- Oversee the management of the recruitment budget for DCP Nigeria and authorize relevant expenditure in line with approved manual of authority.
- Oversee recruitment activities (vacancy identification, advertisement, candidate screening, testing, interviewing, etc.) as defined in the approved framework and plan.
- Maintain communication with functional heads to obtain timely information on potential vacancies.
- Liaise with relevant department or third party organisation for timely publication of vacancy advertisements.
- Promptly escalate organisational and/ or recruitment issues to the Group Chief Human Resource Officer.
- Maintain an accurate database of manning levels across the country and Pan Africa and proactively identify variations with approved manning.
- Oversee documentation of employer/ employee agreements, terms and conditions of work in line with the country’s industrial requirements and DCP’s HR policy.
- Liaise with the Regional HR Advisor & Head, Organisational Development to update employee/ industrial agreements (including terms and conditions of work), in line with current economic or political realities.
- Stay abreast of best practices in recruitment to provide valuable input for informed decision making
Perform other duties as assigned by the Group Chief Human Resource Officer.
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in any discipline.
- Post graduate degree in an HR related discipline.
- Professional qualification in HR Management e.g. Senior Professional in HR (SPHR), Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM) will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of twenty seven (27) years relevant work experience.
- Good knowledge of the cement manufacturing industry in terms of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations, legislation etc.
- Very good knowledge and understanding of relevant HR management process areas such as manpower planning and recruitment.
- Very good knowledge of techniques, tools and basic considerations for performing manpower/ workload analysis.
- Good understanding of employee/industrial relations, as well as an appreciation of the dynamics of the labour and employment legislations in the specific country of operation.
- Strong leadership and relationship management skills.
- Very good presentation and communication skills.
- Excellent organisation and project management skills
- Very good business writing skills.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development