- Drive the implementation of approved HAM & Admin policies to ensure efficient management of human and material resources in the Plant.
- Ensure adherence to approved best practices in HAM & Admin policies, procedures, and processes and instil the Organisation’s culture and values in plant staff.
- Oversee the implementation of DCP’s approved HAM & Admin programs at the plant.
- Communicate DCP’s overall objectives to subordinates and ensure mutual understanding of roles, responsibilities, and accountabilities at the plant.
- Articulate the department’s plans, ensuring alignment with country-wide programs and objectives.
Oversee the use of approved systems/ framework to support learning and development, career and performance management activities in the plant.
- Resolve HR issues at the Plant and escalate to the Group Chief Human Resource Officer where necessary.
- Oversee collation of staff vacancies at the plant, verify and forward to relevant Head Office department.
- Provide guidance on the implementation of approved career and performance management practices in the plant.
- Assume overall responsibility for timely payment of temporary staff on the plant.
- Monitor periodically to ensure maximum participation in scheduled training activities for Plant employees.
- Drive the implementation of a first class maintenance and management culture for all office and residential buildings in the Plant’s portfolio.
- Monitor to ensure conformance of the plant’s facility management practices to approved Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) policies and procedures.
- Conduct periodic inspections to examine the conditions of the plant’s facilities and ensure that maintenance contractors adhere to agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Drive the implementation of the organisation’s fleet management and operations plan to meet current, emerging and future transportation needs.
- Oversee the Plant’s fleet (official and pool vehicles) to ensure optimal usage and functionality; and minimize vehicle down time.
- Perform periodic checks to ensure the relevant security controls are in place in the plant.
- Escalate administrative issues to the Plant Director, General Services or relevant Head Office function for speedy resolution.
- Manage the department’s budget and approve expenditure as defined in the manual of authority.
- Obtain information from unit heads on HAM & Admin activities, review and collate for periodic management reporting
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Plant Director, General Services (or Group Chief Human Resource Officer).
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in a Social Sciences or related discipline.
- Minimum of twenty seven (27) years relevant work experience
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Sound knowledge of DCP’s business operations, product and service offerings.
- Good knowledge and understanding of key HR management components (learning and development, performance & career management, leave management, reward and recognition, issues resolution).
- Good understanding of employee/industrial relations, as well as an appreciation of the dynamics of the labour and employment legislations in countries where the Group has a presence.
- Knowledge of relevant applications to support HR and administration operations.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Very good people management and networking skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development