- Drive the implementation of approved policies and programs to actualize DCP Nigeria and across Pan Africa’s compensation strategy.
- Oversee the management of employee welfare to ensure DCP remunerations are competitive and incorporate best practices to keep employees motivated.
- Manage execution of the DCP’s compensation strategy in Nigeria and across Pan Africa.
- Drive the conduct of benchmark surveys to identify new compensation policies, government regulations, and prevailing salary rates to develop a more competitive compensation plan for DCP employees.
- Oversee execution of monthly payroll and approve periodic reconciliations on total compensation.
- Demonstrate ownership for accurate and timely remission of employees’ income taxes, insurance and other group approved benefits.
- Oversee and approve final computation of benefits for exiting staff.
- Review and approve submission of reports on compensation and benefits to the Group Chief Human Resource Officer and other relevant authorities.
- Champion the analysis of responses from exiting employees in DCP and provide recommendations to management on results related to compensation and benefits.
- Manage relationships with internal (finance) and external (tax or other) representatives to ensure seamless and timely performance of the department’s activities.
- Provide accurate details of total (or changes to) payroll costs and other compensation-related information, and relevant recommendations to Management for informed decision making.
- Oversee the activities of junior officers and provide guidance as required.
Perform other tasks as assigned by the Group Chief Human Resource Officer.
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in any discipline.
- Post graduate degree in an HR related discipline.
- Professional qualification in HR Management e.g. Senior Professional in HR (SPHR), Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM) will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of twenty seven (27) years relevant work experience.
- Very good knowledge of the cement manufacturing industry in terms of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations, legislation etc.
- In-depth knowledge of salary structure and development, typical benefits and compensation and other such related activities.
- Up-to-date knowledge of market/ industry information on compensation and benefits.
- Sound understanding of payroll management systems and ability to perform complex trouble-shooting operations.
- Strong leadership and relationship management skills.
- Very good communication and presentation skills.
- Very good business writing skills.
Proficiency in MS Office tools especially MS Excel
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development