• Carry out blasting operation in safe and efficient way according to all relevant legislation, policies and procedures
• Conduct pre-operational checks on blasting equipment.
• Maintain statutory records.
• Ability to use Nonel Detonator for blasting
- Take sketch of completed drilling round.
- Prepare the blasting log sheet to establish all required data and materials.
- Order and receive explosives from the magazine for blasting.
- Safe handling/application of explosives & materials.
- Operate within the confines of the relevant statutory provisions.
- Take all scheduled blasts promptly.
- Ensure strict budget discipline in material usage and specific consumption.
- Charge blasting round strictly as per the design/projected using blasting projection table.
- Forward completed blasting log sheets and Explosive used to the DGM Mines office immediately after every blast.
- Monitor explosives stock in the magazine and advise on re-ordering level.
- Ensure that statutory provisions are complied with in the magazines and high standard house-keeping within and around the magazines.
- Ensure safety of men and property in all blasting.
- Along with Snr. Mining Engineer and MIS/Mines Secretary, compute all explosive reports monthly and annually.
- Inspect, receive/reject, as the case may be, all supplied explosives.
- Attend daily Tool Box Talk at resumption.
- Ensure necessary PPEs are used on regular basis.
- Responsible to Snr. Mining Engineer.
- Carryout other duties as may be assigned
WASC/SSCE/GCE/NABTEP/NECO & BLASTING CERTIFICATE
16 YEAR WORKING EXPERIENCE
OND & BLASTING CERTIFICATE5 YEARS WORKING EXPERIENCE
- Good communication skill
- Ability to work under pressure
- A good Team Player and ability to learn
- Must be dedicated and accountable
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development