ActionAid (AA) Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, which is a global alliance of organisations working towards achieving a world without poverty and injustice in which every person enjoys the right to a life with dignity. As a large and visible development organisation, we work in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and America. Our expertise lies in community-led approaches to development and working through partnerships with the poor and other grass root organisations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Treasury Advisor
Responsible to: Head of Finance
Line Management: None
Contract: Fixed term
- The position holder will contribute to maintaining adequate financial integrity in supporting quality and timely data input for generation of financial reports.
- S / he will be responsible for timely processing of funds for programme activities for AAN and contribute to strengthening the internal control and accounting systems of the organisation.
- Daily input of all payment vouchers into SUN Accounting system and processing of cash and bank payment vouchers.
- Daily Treasury report on all bank accounts and monitor balances for Management decision.
- Document, control and secure Accounting Records.
- Monitor bank and investment accounts
- Investigate, follow up and clear all reconciling items.
- Maintenance of Petty cash (GBP, USD, NGN) payment and ledger reconciliation.
- Ensure that petty cash balances are paid back into AAN Bank accounts at the end of the year latest 31st December.
- Preparation of Country Director Expenditure for quarterly report to AAN Board Chair
- Liaise with banks on all banking operations.
- Preparation of monthly withholding tax schedule for remittance.
- Receipt of cash and cheque payment to AAN
- Provide monthly exchange rate operations
- Issuance and disbursement of cheques upon approval by authorized personnel
- Any other duties as assigned by line manager.
- First degree in Accounting / Finance
- Relevant accounting professional certification
- At least four (4) years post NYSC
- Experience in implementing financial control systems
- Sound Practical Knowledge of accounting software and Spreadsheets finance person
- Development sector experience, three (3) of which should have been spent in a finance position.
- Knowledge of the SUN Software is an added advantage
Skills / Abilities:
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Excellent interpersonal & negotiation skills
- High sense of Integrity
- Ability to work well with minimum supervision
- Ability to interface effectively with other members of staff and solve problems using own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Accuracy and attention to details
- High integrity
- Ability to work extra hours as may be required
- Effectively promote the AAN’s mission values, and objectives
Application Closing Date
2nd November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should download, complete the Application Form below and send it together with their Applications in an MS Word attachment to: Vacancy.Nigeria@actionaid.org using the Job Title and location e.g Treasury Advisor – Abuja as the subject of the mail.
Click here to download the Application Form (MS Word)
Click here for more information (PDF)
- Only electronically submitted forms will be considered. Scanned application forms will be disregarded.
- ActionAid offers competitive terms of employment. Applications from women and candidates from the North East and North West are particularly encouraged.
- While we respect all applicants, interview dates will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.