Under the guidance of the UNFPA Resident Representative, the Personal Assistant will ensure the effective functioning of the Representative’s office. S/he will work closely with Programme, and Operations teams, performing administrative duties, managing confidential files and coordinating briefing materials and arranging the agenda of the Representative.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Job Title: – National Post: Personal Assistant to the Representative Nigeria – Fixed Term Appointment
Job ID:- 33201
Location:- Nigeria, West and Central Africa
Full/Part Time:- Full-Time
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
You will be responsible for:
- Arranges appointments and maintaining the Resident Representative’s agenda, receive high-ranking visitors, place and screen telephone calls and answers queries with discretion.
- Receives, screens and routes correspondences, provides necessary background information and maintains a follow-up system with units as requested.
- Assisting in the dissemination of information, acting as contact point with other UN agencies.
- Drafting routine correspondence some of a highly confidential nature, on a variety of subjects, ensuring that spelling, punctuation and format are correct for signature of the Resident Representative.
- Arranging meetings with high-ranking officials and organizes the logistics of official receptions given by the Head of Office.
- Maintaining a database of addresses, phone and fax numbers of Government Officials, NGOs and the Diplomatic Corps.
- Preparing briefing materials for use at meetings and official missions or special trips.
- Coordinating travel arrangements, liaise with the Travel and Finance Units.
- Proof reading and clearing correspondence for conformity with established procedures and accuracy of statements before being signed by the Representative.
- Preparing Travel Plans for the Representative and forward to the Regional Director’s Office for approval.
- Preparing note verbal/letters announcing the Representative’s mission outside and return to the duty station to UN Agencies, Diplomatic offices and Embassies
- Organizing Senior Management and monthly staff meetings and other meetings for the Representative as per requests.
- Participating in Meetings as directed by the Representative.
- Preparing the Representative’s daily itinerary and collate Abuja office and Decentralized Offices (DOs) weekly planner.
- Disseminating circulars and information flow to all staff in Abuja and sub-offices.
- Perform any other task that may be assigned by the Representative from time to time
Qualifications and Experience
Completion of secondary school is required
Bachelor’s degree or Higher National Diploma in Secretarial Administration or in other related field desirable.
- Possess a minimum of 6 years related work experience preferably in public or private sector organization
- Have an excellent organizational and time management skills
- Have the ability to establish and maintain harmonious relationships with colleagues
- Ability to work in team and a multi-cultural environment
- Possess good writing and communication skills.
- Have good working knowledge of MS Office applications.
Fluency in English required. Very strong capability to communicate clearly and concisely in both oral and written English.
• Exemplifying integrity
• Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system
• Embracing diversity in all its forms
• Embracing change
• Achieving Results
• Being Accountable
• Developing and Applying Professional Expertise/Business Acumen
• Thinking analytically and Strategically
• Working in Teams/Managing Ourselves and our Relationships
• Communicating for Impact
UNFPA Work Environment
UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, Embracing diversity in all its forms, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. We are committed to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply. UNFPA promotes equal opportunities for all including persons with disabilities.
WARNING TO APPLICANTS:
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you have received a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web. Should you feel that you have received a fraudulent notice, letter or offer that makes use of the name or logo of UNFPA, you may submit a report through the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm