Under the overall guidance of the UNFPA Resident Representative & Deputy Representative and the direct supervision of the International Operations Manager (IOM), the Administrative Associate works closely with the larger UNFPA Programme and Operations teams using UNFPA and national systems and tools to deliver results. The Administrative Associate provides functional administrative support to the operational unit of the Country Office. S/he provides administrative support to the Country Office in the delivery of quality services in correspondence management, effective administrative system including Asset Management, maintenance of office space and utilities, effective logistics management to the country office and effective store management.
The role substantively contributes to the effective management of UNFPA activities in the areas of administrative support with a strong emphasis on supporting the implementation of the UNFPA Family Planning Strategy 2012-2020 –“Choices not Chance” at country level.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
EVEL OF POST – ICS 06
POSITION NUMBER – 60510
DUTY STATION – ABUJA, NIGERIA
CLOSING DATE – SATURDAY, 31 OCTOBER, 2020
CONTRACT TYPE: FIXED TERM APPOINTMENT
DURATION: ONE YEAR* (RENEWABLE BASED ON AVAILABILITY OF FUNDS AND SATISFACTORY PERFORMANCE).
The UNFPA Supplies Programme is part of efforts to improve access to and utilization of family planning commodities worldwide. The Global Programme works with national governments to strengthen or establish secure, reliable, cost-effective, and sustainable systems to ensure supply of and demand for reproductive health commodities, including contraceptives and condoms. With support from UNFPA Supplies, the UNFPA Country Office in the Federal Republic of Nigeria is working closely with Federal, States and Local Government counterparts in support of government-led efforts to increase mCPR, reduce unmet need for family planning and increase uptake of family planning information and services
- Supports effective maintenance of the office space and equipment, and liases with UN House management on facilities related matters;
- Facilitates hotel and reservation logistics for the local and international guests, national conferences, meetings and workshops.
- Supports quality vehicle management and allocation of drivers for daily movements, missions and airport pickups.
- Facilitates store maintenance, stocktaking and allocation of stationery for staff and replenishments.
- Maintain and update data of Vendors Portal.
- Maintain and update all country office Asset Management requirements both physically and in ATLAS.
- Support the efforts to operationalize and provide substantive administrative and logistical assistance to project and programming initiatives at national and sub-national levels.
Qualifications and Experience
Completion of secondary school is required.
Bachelor’s degree or Higher National Diploma in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics or related field is desirable.
Knowledge and Experience
- 6 years previous relevant experience.
- Previous experience in the UN is an advantage
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Computer literacy – Word, Excel, Power-point, etc
- Good knowledge of Atlas/Peoplesoft or other ERP system
- Good writing and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
Fluency in oral and written English language.
• Exemplifying integrity
• Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system
• Embracing diversity in all its forms
• Embracing change
• Achieving Results
• Being Accountable
• Developing and Applying Professional Expertise/Business Acumen
• Thinking analytically and Strategically
• Working in Teams/Managing Ourselves and our Relationships
• Communicating for Impact
UNFPA Work Environment
UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, Embracing diversity in all its forms, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. We are committed to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply. UNFPA promotes equal opportunities for all including persons with disabilities.
WARNING TO APPLICANTS:
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you have received a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web. Should you feel that you have received a fraudulent notice, letter or offer that makes use of the name or logo of UNFPA, you may submit a report through the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm