YARD Initiative is on a mission to enhance data analytics and reporting for effective achievement, monitoring and evaluation of the Sustainable Development Goals.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Volunteer Grant Writer
Location: Surulere, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Volunteer Grant / Writer is involved in a variety of duties including identification of opportunities, preparation, writing of proposals and data reporting to be submitted for effective expansion.
- To be successful in this role, writing should be done with clarity of purpose, understanding established standard procedures, developing the donor intelligence, communication plan of the mission and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Develop strategic plans and anticipate challenges.
- Maintain an updated calendar of project report obligations.
- Collate data, analyse and create reports.
- Engage and provide comprehensive training to new volunteers.
- Liaise with the different donor’s communication units and take part in communication working groups.
- Manage budget and maintain confidential data.
- OND / HND / B.Sc. in any field of study.
- Proven experience and portfolio of grant/technical writing achievements.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Top-shelf research skills and excellent knowledge of fundraising information sources.
- Outstanding computer and reporting skills
- Being able to understand and execute complex instructions
- Ability to understand the needs of both the organisation and the donor offering the grant/opportunities.
- Solid understanding of the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Minimum of 1-10 years work experience.
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Volunteer Grant Writer” as the subject of the email.