Under the overall guidance of the UNFPA Resident Representative & Deputy Representative and the direct supervision of the Head RH, the Programme Associate-Reproductive Health supports the design, planning and management of the RH programme by providing and managing data inputs, providing logistical support, monitoring project implementation and following up on recommendations. The role works closely with the RH team and the larger UNFPA Programme and Operations Teams using UNFPA and national systems and tools to deliver results. S/he will also work closely with different Nigerian Federal and State Ministry of Health Departments, Local Governments, NGOs and partners to enhance family planning uptake in the country. S/he is instrumental in facilitating programme/project implementation using and developing appropriate mechanisms and systems and ensuring compliance with established procedures. S/he works closely with programme and project staff providing programme administrative and inventory management support to the Women Health Unit
The role substantively contributes to the effective management of UNFPA activities in the areas of reproductive health with a strong emphasis on supporting the implementation of the UNFPA Family Planning Strategy 2012-2020 –“Choices not Chance” at country level. S/he provides substantive inputs to programme formulation, support implementation, monitoring, and evaluation within national development frameworks and the UN Sustainable Development Partnership Framework.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
The UNFPA Supplies Programme is part of efforts to improve access to and utilization of family planning commodities worldwide. The Global Programme works with national governments to strengthen or establish secure, reliable, cost-effective, and sustainable systems to ensure supply of and demand for reproductive health commodities, including contraceptives and condoms. With support from UNFPA Supplies, the UNFPA Country Office in the Federal Republic of Nigeria is working closely with Federal, States and Local Government counterparts in support of government-led efforts to increase mCPR, reduce unmet need for family planning and increase uptake of family planning information and services
LEVEL OF POST – ICS 06
POSITION NUMBER – 60509
DUTY STATION – ABUJA, NIGERIA
CLOSING DATE – SATURDAY, 31 OCTOBER, 2020
CONTRACT TYPE: FIXED TERM APPOINTMENT
DURATION: ONE YEAR* (RENEWABLE BASED ON AVAILABILITY OF FUNDS AND SATISFACTORY PERFORMANCE).
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
You would be responsible for the following:
- Participates in the identification and formulation of country programme and RH component projects, by compiling and analyzing information in the subject areas of UNFPA assistance to the Government, drafts project documents and work plans and prepares tables and statistical data.
- Evaluates project and programme activities, establishing and implementing mechanisms to systematically assess the achievement of results, conducting field visits, participating in review meetings and evaluation missions and prepare regular inputs to status and progress reports. Analyze basic factors affecting the achievement of results, recommends corrective actions and follow up on recommendations.
- In coordination with the RH unit, supports routine implementation of assigned projects, coordination the delivery of project inputs, ensuring participation of national counterparts in training activities and study tours.
- Support the SRH Unit in the implementation of the management of programme supplies, Last Mile Assurance
- Support the SRH Unit in the management of the shipment tracker and the inventory certification process
- Provide support in the use of and management of information to forecast the required SRH programme supplies for the national in general and the public sector in particular.
- Provide logistical support to RH unit by coordinating review meetings and other project related workshops and events. Guides project personnel and staff on national execution and programme policies and procedures.
- Contributes to the creation and sharing of knowledge by synthesizing and documenting findings and lessons learned, success stories and best practices, strategies and approaches of Country office and drafting relevant materials for dissemination.
- Supports the advocacy and resource mobilization strategy of the Country Office by compiling and synthesizing relevant background material for use in discussions and public events. Establishes and maintains network of donor and public information contacts and provides assistance in organizing and conducting donor meetings and public information events.
- Ensure proper management of the office filing and archiving system for the WH Cluster;
- Facilitate processing and retirement of travel of the Programme Officers.
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned by the Representative or Head, Women’s Health Cluster.
Qualifications and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in health, population, demography, and/or other related social science field.
Knowledge and Experience:
1. Minimum of 6 years relevant experience in office management, business process and inventory management in the public or private sector.
2. Fluency in oral and written English
3. High proficiency in current office software applications
Fluency in oral and written English language.
■ Commitment to UNFPA Values and Guiding Principles;
■ Developing People/Fostering Innovation and Empowerment/Performance Management;
■ Team Work/Communication/Self-Management
■ Strategic Thinking/Results Orientation and Commitment to Excellence/Decision Making;
■ Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Learning
■ Ability to lead, develop and motivate a diverse team of specialists
■ Advocacy/advancing a policy-oriented agenda
■ Results-based programme development and management
■ Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/building strategic alliances and partnerships
■ Innovation and marketing of new approaches
■ Resource mobilization (Programme)
■ Job knowledge
UNFPA Work Environment
UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, Embracing diversity in all its forms, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. We are committed to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply. UNFPA promotes equal opportunities for all including persons with disabilities.
WARNING TO APPLICANTS:
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you have received a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web. Should you feel that you have received a fraudulent notice, letter or offer that makes use of the name or logo of UNFPA, you may submit a report through the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm