Centre for Community Development and Research Network (CCDRN) is a registered local Non-governmental organization (NGO) with its head office in Kaduna. CCDRN partners with communities, philanthropists, government and donors to provide sustainable community development services in the areas of conflict resolution, peace building, economic empowerment, agriculture, health, education as well as governance
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement and Logistics Manager
Scope of Work
- The role of Procurement and Logistics Manager is to manage overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of procurement activities, supply chain, including organizing and monitoring storage and distribution of commodities.
Job description shall include but not limited to the following:
- Manage overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of procurement and logistics for the organisation.
- Implement procurement strategies to maintain security of supply and optimum value for money.
- Coordinate all procurement and contracting activities including pre-qualification, tender management, negotiation and preparation of contracts.
- Set policy and guidelines for delivering commercial and cost effective procuring process for the organisation.
- Develop key relationships with key stakeholders and strategic supply partners to improve business.
- Develops and implements strategies for storing, and distributing commodities or services and maintaining stock levels
- Implement change and develop new processes to better procure goods and services.
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers to obtain best price and service.
- Analyse market and delivery trends so as to develop procurement technologies and processes that support those trends.
- Identify areas for improvement to continually drive performance and business results.
- Review current processes for procurement and make recommendations where appropriate.
- Provide periodic reporting for management on purchasing, controls and processes.
- Train and educate managers and subordinates about the procurement process control.
- Perform other duties commensurate with the position.
Minimum Required Experience:
- Minimum of 5 year(s) experience in a similar position and in an NGO environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Purchasing and Supply or related field
- The ideal candidate will possess strong leadership, analytical and organisational skills; demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team, assess priorities, and manage multiple activities with attention to detail, meeting tight deadlines under pressure.
- H / She will have excellent communication (both oral and written), good interpersonal skills and advanced computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Excel spreadsheets, word processing, power-point, and electronic mail.
Application Closing Date
6th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in one email attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Late application will not be considered.
- Please clearly indicate the Position and State in the subject line of your mail.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.