Pro-Health International is a faith-based, non- profit organization that has provided free health care services to under-served populations in Nigeria for over 29 years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Case Manager
Locations: Adamawa and Bauchi
Employment Type: Full-time
- The USAID-ICHSSA 4 Project is a five-year Cooperative Agreement with Pro Health International (PHI) as the prime and Catholic Relief Services as the technical partner to support local CSOs implementing OVC projects in Adamawa and Bauchi state to achieve epidemic control and establish sustainable linkages between Social and health services in the communities.
- The project seeks to improve the wellbeing of Orphans and Vulnerable Children and their households by mitigating the impact of HIV and other causes of vulnerabilities through sustainable, integrated and comprehensive quality service delivery.
- It is being implemented through a local mechanism whereby Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) receive sub-grants to support capacity strengthening and OVC program implementation at the community level.
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- The Case Manager will ensure that his/her assigned client receives a coordinated range of client-centered services linking clients to health care, psychosocial, nutrition, gender, adolescent and other social services as appropriate.
- The Case Manager is responsible for completing the quarterly client’s care plan review and reassessment and addressing their current needs, checking adherence to medical and social care for eventual graduation.
- The Case Manager, in conjunction with relevant CSO Thematic Leads, will be responsible for coordinating the Case Workers to ensure that services are provided to clients according to their care plans
- Community Case Manager will provide technical and programmatic leadership in the implementation of OVC interventions at households and community levels.
- S/he manages and coordinates case conference among caseworkers to address concerns and issues arising from service provisions
- Conduct an initial comprehensive assessment of clients’ needs and support systems using the National OVC service standards and assessment tools
- Supports the training of peer navigators, caseworkers on the care process for project beneficiaries
- The CCM is expected to strengthen community and health facility linkages and bidirectional referrals in order to optimize care, treatment, and support services to vulnerable children infected or affected by HIV.
- The CCM will support the training of caseworkers on gender norms, adolescent, nutrition, child protection programming.
- The CCM will interface on all spectrum of care for project beneficiaries and provide community-level support to them including early childhood and parenting services.
- Collaborate with the Facility ART team to ensure CLHIV/ALHIV and PLHIV (Caregiver) are on optimized regiment and retained on treatment.
- The CCM will provide support in the identification, linkages for Adolescent girls, women for support in SVAC and GBV response systems in the state.
- CCM will collate, coordinate monthly reports of activities across the different thematic areas support, provide a summary of areas of challenges and analysis aimed at providing the next line of interventions.
- Provide assisted referral services and linkage to care and treatment services for test indicated children.
- Supports adolescent OTZ clubs, adolescent programs, and community-based programming platforms such as Kids Clubs, Caregivers’ Forum that are usually facilitated by Case Workers. . Collaborate with facility case finding the team to ensure newly identified HIV positive clients are properly linked to treatment.
- Support research efforts including assessments using instruments developed for information gathering on the PHI-ICHSSA4 project.
- Collaborate with the Facility ART team to ensure CLHIV/ALHIV and C/PLHIV (Caregiver) are on an optimized regimen and retained on treatment.
- Develop and roll out mentoring, coaching and supportive supervision program for community caseworkers on service delivery to key population Support the updating of viral load result through collaboration with health facilities staff
- Monitor the implementation of care plans for each household in their community to ascertain the progress being made and the level of support being provided by the Community Case Workers.
- Liaise with the facility to reconcile CLHIV/ALHIV data in LAMIS and NOMIS.
- Strengthen pediatric ART Saturation Support (PASS) at households and community levels in collaboration with the Peer Navigators
- Perform any other functions that might be assigned from time to time depending on the emerging needs and priorities of the project.
Disclaimer Clause: This job description is not an exhaustive list, rather it is intended to be indicative of the skills, efforts, duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
Educational Qualification and Experience
- A first degree in Public / Community Health, Social Work, Humanities or related field
- At least two years of working experience in health, HIV & AIDS, OVC, community case management projects in Nigeria.
- Previous experience working will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated capacity to collaborate with LGA social welfare unit, health facilities, LACA, and other field-based implementing partners to achieve better results is desirable.
- Proven programmatic, technical, and managerial expertise in working collaboratively with facility staff, Caseworkers, and other Expert case managers.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proven computer application skills and experience.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Conversant with the local working environment.
Application Closing Date
30th October, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover letter along with CV (as a single document) to: email@example.com using the “Job Title and Location” as the subject of the email.
Equal Opportunity Language
- “Pro-Health International is an equal – opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, etc. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”
- Indigenes of Adamawa and Bauchi state will be strongly considered and are encouraged to apply.