Marie Stopes – Nigeria
We particularly encourage applications from women as they are currently under-represented within MSION at the management level.
About the Organisation
Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION) is a result-oriented Social enterprise, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide reproductive health care and allied services. MSION’s goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access and use of a range of reproductive health services.
MSION is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which is in over 37 countries worldwide.
The core responsibility of this post is to use your:
￭ initiative ￭ energy ￭ persistence ￭ results orientation
￭ drive ￭ integrity ￭ enthusiasm ￭ commitment to personal development
To further MSI’s partnership mission: enabling individuals to have children by choice not chance
About the role:
This role is part of the Marketing and Strategic Communications Team working directly to support efficient and effective community mobilization activities, strengthen accountability, improved partnerships, policy visibility, youth engagement and stakeholder mobilization.
S/he will serve as liaison, facilitating new partnerships and strengthening existing relationships with policy, religious/traditional and youth gatekeepers at national and state levels. Helping to drive the broader MSION partnership goals.
S/he will lead and facilitate innovative youth engagement and MSION responsiveness to youth mobilization and service provision.
S/he will, lead the advocacy component of the WISH project Human Centred Design pilot implementation.
The post holder is required to demonstrate initiative; energy; persistence; results orientation; drive; integrity and discretion; enthusiasm; and commitment to personal development in the excellent delivery of work against these responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate Community mobilization activities and strengthen accountability: Provide support system for effective and efficient community mobilization.
- Supervise and support mobilisers in the region of coverage to conduct effective mobilization
- Facilitate and ensure proper community entry activities are conducted by mobilisers during mobilization
- Ensure standard and prompt delivery of mobilization activities by mobilisers against set MSION indicators
- Lead training of mobilisers and community level volunteers on MSION thematic areas
- Provide on the spot check of mobilization activities in implementation communities
- Support implementation of Human centre HCD and other innovative demand generation and marketing in the region.
- Support cohort of mobilisers in development and implementation of annual and quarterly work plans.
- Support marketing and mobilization training during onboarding clinical providers
- Support equitable distribution of marketing and communication materials.
- Lead content development for MSION communication/documentation needs at the regional level. These include but not limited to developing content for website, newsletter, social media etc.
- Content generation for various communication materials
- Identify, penetrate and facilitate dissemination of MSION content on strategic social media groups with high youth, adolescent, WRA followership, to increase visibility and referral to MSION service providers.
- Facilitate development and prompt reporting of success stories from the region.
- Advocacy External Relations, Communication and Representation of MSION
- Lead in the formation of effective partnerships within the development arena to increase collaboration and recognition for MSION’s work.; Influence policy, and grant making decisions of donors.
- Ensure visibility and raise the profile of MSION among key stakeholders, including donors and partners
- Participate and represent MSION in regional/state level SRH technical working group meetings and maintain professional relationship with strategically placed individuals within target institutions
- Create and explore all opportunities to highlight MSION policy messages and technical expertise to a wider audience through media channels and special events, linking with communications and clinical teams as required
- Monitor and report relevant state and regional health and development policy developments
- Build strong relationships with key policy makers and cooperating partners in order to influence policy change and place MSION in a strong position
- Identify key policy and advocacy issues affecting SRH and MSION interventions at regional and state levels and report same quarterly.
- Conduct quarterly socio-political analysis framework to understand and advice management of the pressures clients/communities experience resulting from intersections of culture, politics and religion across MSION regional offices
- Engage with critical stakeholders in the SRH industry and position MSION as a family planning and sexual and reproductive health thought leader.
- Reporting, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Track and report all advocacy and mobilization engagements in the region
- Test run advocacy and communication materials in conjunction with RM&E unit before finalization and deployment for general population use
- Prepare and submit monthly technical, progress and program monitoring reports to MSION and donors according to schedules and guidelines or as relevant for management decision to line managers
- Use routine data from CliC and the Marketing Activities Reporting (MAR) template to target demand generation effort and reach clients better
- Carry out any other duties as reasonably requested by the line manager and/or management
- Willingness to travel within and outside the country as maybe required.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Use actionable insights, identify advocacy opportunities and leverage same to advance MSION goals and objectives
Drive effective strategies for youth engagement and youth service uptake across MSION channels
Support HCD Pilot implementation
Increase MSION visibility and recognition by government, donor, CSO and Community stakeholders as thought leaders in SRH.
Sustainable increases in youth uptakes of services at MSION service channels, expansions in partnership with relevant youth focused external stakeholders
Support smooth entry and community support for HCD pilot implementation
MSION Behaviours / Core Values / Statement
Attitude / Motivation:
- Motivated personally and professionally to develop self and others
- Willingness to travel as requested
Qualifications and Requisite Skills:
- BSc/BA Degree in communication, Arts, marketing and related field; MA/MSc in these areas would be an added advantage
- Proven abilities to set priorities, to multi-task, and to work collaboratively across technical disciplines
- Possess outstanding professional reputation and have strong demonstrated interpersonal, written, and oral presentation skills
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind-sets and provide reasons and solutions for change
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Good computer skills (particularly Word, Excel and database)
- Technical expertise in the area of advocacy, demand creation/marketing, social marketing, reproductive health, maternal, HIV and/or child health preferred
- Have relevant experience in similar position.
- Possess high level representation and strong presentation skills
- Relevant experience in planning of advocacy campaigns and designing, planning, and implementing SBCC efforts and/or community level activities, including communication campaigns and trainings will be added advantage
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate closely with government staff, effectively manage their expectations, and build capacity
- Ability to work well with others in team environments
- Proven excellent technical oral, written, and editing abilities
- Ability to present and write for multiple audiences
- Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must be able to satisfy stakeholders
- Should be able to work in deadline driven/results orientated atmospheres
- Strong people management skills
- Strategic guidance and planning skills