CENTER FOR CHILD CARE AND HUMAN DEVELOPMENT (C3HD) – Abuja
JOB VACANCY – PROPOSAL AND PROJECT DEVELOPMENT INTERN
Center for Child Care and Human Development (C3HD) is a Child Centered and Women Focused (CCWF) nongovernmental, non-tribal, non-religious and non-profitable organization established in 2016, we started operations in 2017 and later registered as a non-profit organization with Corporate Affairs Commission.
C3HD was established to respond to the needs of the most vulnerable communities and especially those affected by conflict and insurgency through maximizing contributions to Health care and wellbeing, Education and inequality, Protection, Peace Building, and Economic recovery and Livelihood. We strive to transform the lives of people especially women and children on the edges of society and help them regain and pursue their dreams for sustainable development.
Furthermore we aim to achieve this through Research, Advocacy, Capacity building, Social Inclusion and Community Engagement and also in helping NGO’S and other Development Partners in the Design, Planning and Implementation of Programs and Interventions especially in hard to reach Areas.
Job Title: Proposal and Project Development Intern
Duration: 1 Year (Renewable)
Experience: 1 Year
Job Type: Part Time
Report to: Senior Programs Coordinator
Location: Yobe State and Abuja
C3HD is seeking to hire a Proposal and Project Development Intern who will be in charge in organizing initiating and developing new projects and programs. This task involves proposal development and review. The Intern will work with the New Program Development Department together with technical and program staff to ensure successful completion and responsiveness of C3HD’s proposals. The Intern will support Proposal Managers on complex prime proposals and directly manage sub or less complex prime opportunities from donors, governments, UN, other multilateral organizations and other sources to support C3HD’s strategic interests.
The Intern will participate in leads development, identification and dissemination of opportunities. This includes scanning for potential new proposal opportunities, analysis of documents, having regular communications with field staff, tracking the status of results of on-going projects and monitoring activities of competitors, partners and donors. C3HD’s work focuses on Health, Education, Livelihood, Protection and Peace Building.
This position will be based in Damaturu, Yobe State and will support C3HD’s New Program Development activities in Northeast Nigerian Region.
Project Coordinator Responsibilities:
· Develop proposal writing outlines
· Ensure non-technical proposal content complies with client needs
· Manage production of proposal submissions, assuring on-time delivery of all documents
· Support transition of awarded projects to implementation team
· Identify and track potential procurements that are consistent with C3HD’s core competencies and strategic priorities
· Gather, synthesize and support analysis of information about donors, partners and competitors
· Analyze and manage opportunity feedback from stakeholders
· Compile and synthesize input to support bid and no-bid decisions
· Provide regular reporting on proposal status and results
· Manage sub proposals and less complex proposals that C3HD is the prime.
· In collaboration with program and technical staff, draft, edit and synthesize proposal content, including corporate capability statements and past performance references
· Liaise with prime contractors and organizations related to specific proposal opportunities
· Support proposal managers and teams
· Work closely with the human resources office to identify and propose project staff.
· Nurture and maintain relationships with competitors, partners and donors, as appropriate
· Maintain updated information on electronic libraries
· Support development and implementation of office processes
· Draft, route and track contractual documents
· Provision of regular operations and implementation updates on project progress and challenges to allow for timely interventions and corrective actions by management.
· Ensure the timely reviews and adjustments for the project operational and implementation plans and budgets as may be required from time to time.
Finance and Budget Management:
· Review all program financial reports ensuring that donor guidelines have been followed and high standard met, prior to submission to management.
· Organize and facilitate quarterly follow ups and progress review meetings to address key performance issues from the reports.
· Overall Budget Vs Actual expenditure analysis and variance explanations.
· Internal and external engagements: Ensuring that the program experience is represented and given recognition at stakeholder meetings, workshops, donor, networks and any other engagements.
Skills and Behaviours (Values in Practice)
· Holds self accountable for making proposal decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling C3HD’s values.
· Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same.
· Widely shares their personal vision for C3HD, engages and motivates others.
· Future orientated, thinks strategically.
· Builds and maintains effective relationships with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters.
· Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength.
· Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions through realistic projects.
· Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is required
- Bachelor’s Degree with 1+ year of US NGO, foundation and/or corporate proposal development and/or project management experience is required.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Project Management is an added advantage.
- Experience in managing integrated programmes across different thematic areas such as education, child protection, child rights governance or disaster risk reduction is a must.
- Ability to multi‐task and prioritize in faced-paced work environment
- Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks
- Highly proficient in MS Office and online resources
- Willingness to work overtime during proposal preparation and production
- Aware of and sensitive to working with diverse groups in a developing country environment
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2020
Method of application
Applicants should attach their cover letter together with curriculum vitae (CV) as one PDF or word document with subject line “APPLICATION FOR PROPOSAL AND PROJECT DEVELOPMENT-DAMATURU OR ABUJA”. Do not include any additional document or certificates (attachment of educational and Professional certificates are not needed)
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with C3HD’s Safeguarding Children and Young People policy.
As a Child Centred community development organisation, C3HD is fully committed to promoting the realisation of children’s rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
C3HD believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk. Equality, diversity and inclusion are at the very heart of everything that C3HD stands for. Our organisation is based on a culture of inclusivity and we strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team, in every office, in every country, is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and ideas.
Job Types: Full-time, Internship