CENTER FOR CHILD CARE AND HUMAN DEVELOPMENT (C3HD) – Damaturu
Center for Child Care and Human Development (C3HD) is a Child Centered and Women Focused (CCWF) nongovernmental, non-tribal, non-religious and non-profitable organization established in 2016, we started operations in 2017 and later registered as a non-profit organization with Corporate Affairs Commission.
C3HD was established to respond to the needs of the most vulnerable communities and especially those affected by conflict and insurgency through maximizing contributions to Health care and wellbeing, Education and inequality, Protection, Peace Building, and Economic recovery and Livelihood. We strive to transform the lives of people especially women and children on the edges of society and help them regain and pursue their dreams for sustainable development.
Furthermore we aim to achieve this through Research, Advocacy, Capacity building, Social Inclusion and Community Engagement and also in helping NGO’S and other Development Partners in the Design, Planning and Implementation of Programs and Interventions especially in hard to reach Areas.
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Duration: 1 Year (Renewable)
Experience: 3 Years (PGDPM/MPM)
Job Type: Full Time
Report to: Senior Programs Coordinator
Location: Yobe State
C3HD is seeking to hire a Project Coordinator who will be in charge in organizing our on-going projects. This task involves proposal development and review, project supervision, monitoring project plans, schedules, work hours, budgets, and expenditures, organizing and participating in stakeholder meetings, and ensuring that project deadlines are met in a timely manner. The Coordinator provides both operations and technical assistance and oversight on all aspects relating to C3HD projects
To be successful as a Project Coordinator, you will need to be able to work on tight deadlines, be competent in using Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel, and have exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills. A Master’s degree in a related field of study and at least three (3) years of relevant experience is required for consideration.
Project Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures.
- Organizing, attending and participating in stakeholder meetings.
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings.
- Ensuring project deadlines are met.
- Determining project changes.
- Providing administrative support as needed.
- Undertaking project tasks as required.
- Developing project strategies.
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
- Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
- Ensure stakeholder views are managed towards the best solution.
- Chair and facilitate meetings where appropriate and distribute minutes to all project team members.
- Create a project management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objective.
Key Areas of Accountability
· Projects Coordination & Management:
· Oversee the coordination and implementation of the Education projects across Northeast in line with the design of the projects and donor requirements.
· Establish, maintain and strengthen linkages in the management and implementation of Education Projects.
· Create and sustain positive working relationships with the partners and other stakeholders.
· Plan and coordinate LGEA, and State level engagements with partners and key stakeholders. Monitor and ensure timely and quality reports are submitted as per the reporting requirements.
· Working closely with Senior Programme Coordinator & MEAL to ensure quality program delivery, documentation and reporting of progress. Operational Planning and implementation:
· In close coordination with Senior Programme Coordinator, provide ensure planning, development of detailed implementation plans, phased budgets, implementation, monitoring, documentation and reporting for projects is done.
· Overseeing the implementation and budget performance in line with the projects plans and budgets.
· Effectively support the projects staff and partners in developing annual plans, in line with Projects design C3HD planning guidelines and ensure compliance with the agreed work plans and that programme objectives and targets are being realised in line with the funding proposals.
· Support staff and partners to ensure that Projects implementation are to the desired standards and on time.
· Provide guidance to the partners through the planning processes to develop plans that are cost effective and in line with Projects funding.
· Maintain high standard of transparency and accountability in the course of programme implementation while ensuring integrity and timeliness of activities implementation in meeting programme objectives, compliance with donors & C3HD policies.
· Provision of regular operations and implementation updates on project progress and challenges to allow for timely interventions and corrective actions by management.
· Ensure the timely reviews and adjustments for the project operational and implementation plans and budgets as may be required from time to time. Finance and Budget Management:
· Review all program financial reports ensuring that donor guidelines have been followed and high standard met, prior to submission to management.
· Organize and facilitate quarterly follow ups and progress review meetings to address key performance issues from the reports.
· Overall Budget Vs Actual expenditure analysis and variance explanations.
· Internal and external engagements: Ensuring that the program experience is represented and given recognition at stakeholder meetings, workshops, donor, networks and any other engagements.
· Develop and maintain regular channels of communication with partners and key stakeholders at all levels (Community, LGEA and State).
Skills and Behaviours (Values in Practice)
· Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling C3HD’s values.
· Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same.
· Widely shares their personal vision for C3HD, engages and motivates others.
· Future orientated, thinks strategically.
· Builds and maintains effective relationships with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters.
· Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength.
· Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
· Willing to take disciplined risks.
Project Coordinator Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in Education, Project Management, Economics, Social Work, business or related field of study.
- Postgraduate or Maters Degree in Education is desirable. Postgraduate Diploma in Project Management is an added advantage.
- Experience in managing integrated programmes across different thematic areas such as education, child protection, child rights governance or disaster risk reduction is a must.
- Three years’ experience in related field with a minimum of 1 year in a management level position in an international NGO and those applying partnership approaches is desirable.
- Experience of working with local partners and Local Government and State Authorities in Education, Child Rights Governance, Health, Nutrition, Education, or Child Protection is an added advantage
- Ability to establish and maintain conducive collegial relations and perform effectively as a member of a team.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge files management, transcription, and other administrative procedures.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines.
Application Closing Date
26th October, 2020
Method of application
Applicants should attach their cover letter together with curriculum vitae (CV) as one PDF or word document with subject line “APPLICATION FOR PROJECT COORDINATOR-YOBE”. Do not include any additional document or certificates (attachment of educational and Professional certificates are not needed)
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with C3HD’s Safeguarding Children and Young People policy.
As a Child Centred community development organisation, C3HD is fully committed to promoting the realisation of children’s rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
C3HD believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk. Equality, diversity and inclusion are at the very heart of everything that C3HD stands for. Our organisation is based on a culture of inclusivity and we strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team, in every office, in every country, is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and ideas.