British American Tobacco is looking to hire an Logistics Operator to join our team in Ibadan, Nigeria
This work involves offering support to the Supply Chain departement in order to manufacture products on time and in full according to specified quality standards and at optimum cost, by providing basic warehousing functions of receipt and storage of goods under supervision.
- Proper stock and warehouse management to ensure storage and handling of leaf grades are done as per BAT best practice.
- Prompt loading and offloading of leaf tobacco grades and arrange for fumigation and supplies of blends, that all tobacco is properly fumigated to avoid supplying infested beetles to PMD.
- Ensure moldy/infested tobacco is moved to quarantined approved marked area.
- Uninterrupted supplies of leaf grades to PMD on Time In Full.
- Follow FIFO to supply Diet, Recon and CLD.
- Posting of materials must be done according to picking list and current BOM.
- Check Base Quantity before printing of PO and adhere to ‘NO SCAN, NO MOVE’
- Maintain new lot before GR and GR all offloaded materials into the system correctly.
- Maintain 98% stock accuracy throughout the year.
- Develop and coach self through personal development programs and training.
- Manage the EHS and housekeeping procedures within the warehouses and ensure strict adherence
- Manage and report the status of all material handling equipment’s to ensure their maintainability to avoid equipment failure.
- Maintain good working relationship with local logistics and labor providers, with internal customers and with all other functions and warehousing staff.
- Maintain a close relationship with agency managing off site warehouses, logistics and labor service providers.
- The job holder will cultivate and maintain a close working relationship with PMD, QA, Finance, Planning and other unit that has interface with the warehousing functions.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of hands on experience in production environment, preferably in an FMCG company
- Higher National Diploma or Bchs. Degree in Science, Engineering, Statistics, Procurement or Supply Chain fields
- NYSC completed
- Strong communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Analytical Skills
British American Tobacco is one of the world’s leading multinational companies, with brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries.
We are proud that we are consistently among the top 5 companies on the London Stock Exchange.
Our portfolio includes our world-famous Global Drive Brands – Dunhill, Kent, Lucky Strike, Pall Mall and Rothmans – along with many other leading international brands, such as Vogue, Peter Stuyvesant and State Express 555.
Alongside our traditional tobacco business, we are also developing products that offer consumers potentially less risky alternatives to regular cigarettes. Our Next Generation Products are already leading the way in the Industry of vapour and tobacco heating devices. We continue to develop a solid portfolio of consumer solutions which already include well known global brands like Vype, glo and Voke.
Contractual Legal Entity: BAT Nigeria Limited