Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Demand Generation Consultant
- The Demand Generation Consultant (DGC) will support demand generation and strategic communication efforts for targeted HIV testing and prevention activities at the national, state, and local government levels.
- The DGC will support the design and implementation of demand creation/marketing initiatives in the scale-up of HIV testing and prevention, linkage to ART, and ongoing adherence efforts.
- S / he will support the development of demand creation strategies through human-centered design methodologies, working closely with the project teams to align activities and ensure the effective integration of these strategies across the project.
- The position will be based in Abuja and will support demand generation efforts at the central level in Abuja and support rollout and scale-up across the four RISE-Nigeria-supported states (Akwa Ibom, Adamawa, Niger, and Cross River). Nigerian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Support the design and implementation of HIV prevention / retention / adherence initiatives including the development of marketing / demand creation strategies
- Support design and implementation of demand generation strategies and tools for the scale-up of oral PrEP, HIV self-testing, and other priority interventions.
- Support the scale-up of demand generation efforts to engage and retain men in HIV testing and ART services.
- Support field testing and Media Dissemination.
- Facilitate Demand Creation Workshops.
- Champion Desk Reviews and Situational Analysis for PrEP.
- Champion Media material development and Dissemination.
- Champion a consumer-centric approach to all activities that build empathy with clients and communities, and translates insights into effective solutions
- In collaboration with RISE-Nigeria technical and program leadership, and in partnership with local communities and stakeholders, contribute to the development and implementation of a demand generation strategy for RISE-Nigeria which is tailored by the target population (e.g. AGYW, men, pediatric and adolescent clients) and by the state as appropriate
- Contribute to program reviews, evaluation of results, and development of activity plans to ensure key performance indicators are clearly defined and met efficiently and in a timely manner
- Support research and program learning efforts where appropriate
- In consultation with the technical and program team, implement changes in the interventions based on monitoring data and evidence from RISE-supported sites
- Collaborate with USG, MOH, NACA and other local stakeholders and implementing partners to coordinate activities, reduce duplication, and ensure implementation according to quality standards
- Document successes, lessons learned, and challenges in implementation through routine monthly, quarterly, and / or annual reports to Jhpiego and the donor, and other reporting requirements as requested
- Maintain excellent relationships with USG, USAID, MOH, NACA and other in-country stakeholders
- Master’s degree in Marketing, Business, Communication, Public Health or a related field.
- 3-5 years of professional experience in communication and marketing.
- Experience in the health sector and knowledge of HIV programming strongly preferred.
- Proven track record of effective marketing, behavior change and communications programs.
- Experience working with human-centred design approaches and leveraging consumer insights for program design.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; able to develop strong relationships across functions, abilities and work levels.
- Demonstrated coaching skills, with an ability to inspire, influence and motivate teams.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, including presentations.
- Experience in a similar role will be an added advantage.
Required Skills / Abilities:
- Expertise in research to practice – identifying and adapting best practices to specific project contexts.
- Excellent verbal, written interpersonal and presentation skills in English.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 suite.
- Ability to travel nationally to project sites up to 75%, as needed.
Application Closing Date
27th October, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title e.g. “Demand Generation Consultant – Abuja”
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org