Skills Outside School Foundation is a not-for-profit organisation registered as in IT (70340) in June 2014 at the Corporate Affairs Commission, Nigeria and a Company Limited by Guarantee (09365183) at the Companies House, UK.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Admin / Finance Assistant
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Estimated Hours Per Week: 35 Hours (Minimum)
Reporting Relationship: Admin / Hr / Finance Officer
The Skills Outside School Foundation is seeking an Admin/Finance Assistant whose primary function includes:
- Finance budgeting, Accounting and book-keeping, expense tracking & management, and other financial duties.
- The Admin/Finance Assistant will get to work directly with a wide range of stakeholders at all levels–staff, management, trustees, external stakeholders, consultants, service providers/vendors, partners, and other entities/individuals.
- The Admin/Finance Assistant needs to understand and have a good grasp of the organizational structure, policies, procedures, and operations in depth.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities are highlighted below:
- Manage the preparation of the budget
- Recommend changes to implement and update financial policies and procedures
- Prepare and reconcile financial statements
- Establish and maintain vendor accounts
- Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting system
- Document income and expenditure
- Manage requests for extra-budgetary expense
- Prepare the income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow statements
- Manage the annual audit process with auditors
- Maintain financial files and record
- Analyze expenses and present findings on a monthly basis to the board
- Present financial statements for the annual report.
- Other Finance-related roles.
- A university degree in Accounting, Finance, business administration, business management or a related field of study.
- A year of experience in a Finance-related role.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in cloud software applications (Skydrive, Dropbox, Google Docs)
Skills And Competencies:
The Admin / Finance Assistant should show competence in all:
- Ethical Behaviour: Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that their own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Relationship Building: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization, particularly with current partners and sponsors; Command a professional image.
- Effective Communication: Speak, listen, and write in a clear, thorough, and timely manner including by phone with several stakeholders; Articulate the foundation’smission, program objectives with relevant stakeholders.
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop fresh ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results are in the best interest of the organization.
- Decision Making: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency, and risks, and make logical decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization; Proactively take actions necessary to produce results and able to work independently/with little guidance.
- Organization: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor the progress towards goals, and track details, data, information, and activities.
- Planning: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement action plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Problem Solving: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Strong strategic, analytical, and project management skills: demonstrated ability to take responsibility for a diverse number of activities and
- to complete them in a timely manner with limited supervision; deadline-driven, and able to manage multiple projects and engagements simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail and editing skills
- Self- Management: Is self-directed, eager to meet and exceed objectives, and excited to take on more responsibility;
- Physical Demands (The nature of physical effort leading to physical fatigue) – The Finance (Program Support Officer) will have to spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers, which can cause muscle strain. The Officer may also have to do some light lifting of supplies and materials from time to time.
- Sensory Demands (The nature of demands on the incumbent sense) – Sensory demands include the use of the computer, which may cause eyestrain and occasional headaches.
- Mental Demands (Conditions that may lead to mental or emotional fatigue) – The Finance (Program Support Officer) will have to manage several requests and situations at one time. Stress may be caused by the need to complete tasks within tight deadlines.
Application Closing Date
23rd November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and letter of Motivation to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.