Bourbon Interoil Nigeria Limited is a leading international player in marine services, Bourbon offers to the most demanding oil & gas clients worldwide a full line of innovative, safe, high performance and new generation vessels and an expanded offer of offshore oil & gas services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Mate MPSV – M / F
Location: Nigeria, Onne base
Roles and Responsibilities
- The Chief Mate is directly responsible and accountable to the Master, and accepts the immediate orders and instructions issued by the Master.
Qualifications, Skills and Experiences
Candidate must possess the following minimum experience:
- Minimum of three (3) years as a Chief mate on MPSV Subsea Operations
- Must possess STCW CHIEF MATE II/2 license
- Possessing a foreign license will be an added advantage
- Good understanding of English language,
- Must be meet all Manilla 2010 STCW certificate requirements
- Must be able to use Microsoft applications
- International experience will be an added advantage.
Licenses (seafearers only):
- Chief Mate Unlimited (A-II/2)
- Familiarize him/herself with all sections and parts of the company (QSMS) and all company policies, procedures and instructions.
- Has whatever authority is delegated upon him by the Master.
- Shall apply, follow and encourage Company policy and procedures in the performance of all tasks.
- Shall perform and supervise as required, all deck related operations including the loading, stowage, securing and discharge of cargo items, towage and anchor handling equipment in accordance with all safe working practices and with regard to the Chief Officer’s and / or Master’s instructions and orders
- Shall ensure that Company HSE policies and procedures are rigorously maintained with all deck related activities using all Safety Tools necessary.
- Shall collate and monitor safety indices being monitored as per Ship Management Plan
- Shall ensure occupational health and hygiene concerns onboard are identified and addressed
- Shall assist in Incident Investigation (as applicable to the designated investigation level), follow-up and closure.
- Shall stand his own watch duties as assigned by the Chief Officer.
- Shall maintain and correct the vessel’s chart folios, publications and documentation as applicable.
- Shall maintain the vessel’s medical locker, medical stores, pharmacy and / or all other medical and first aid equipment and stores as applicable and in compliance with company and flag state requirements and regulations.
- Shall familiarize himself with the applicable details of the vessel’s emergency signals, stations and procedures.
- Shall supervise and assist the Boatswain with the preparation readiness of the vessel’s Fast Rescue Craft (FRC) and any other similar ship’s craft.
- Ensure that all work is undertaken in a safe and efficient manner at all times, with care to allow crew members sufficient time for rest periods in accordance with the STCW 95 Convention (Including the Manila Amendments) guidelines, for maintenance and for other essential tasks.
The Chief Mate is accountable to the master for:
- Stand watch.
- Supervise deck operation according to the Master’s orders.
- Maintenance and correction of nautical charts and documentation.
- Anchoring point monitoring
- Maintenance of the DP system and DP log book
- Maintenance and check of the GMDSS equipment, log book
- Update crew list and STCW log list
The Chief Mate is accountable to the Master for:
- Stand watch at anchorage or on deck during operations
- Perform any other duties that the Chief Mate may assign to him
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online