Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Assistant
- The HR Assistant will report to the Senior Human Resources Officer.
- S/He will assist with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources functions and duties. The successful candidate will act as the liaison between the department and staff, ensuring smooth communication and prompt resolution of all queries.
- S/He will also assist in coordinating HR policies, processes and relevant documents.
- Assists in raising requisitions; vacancy announcement and participating in preliminary longlisting per established criteria for some positions.
- Monitors due dates for introductory performance reviews of new hires, enrolment for and maturity of staff life and medical polices.
- Assists in the maintenance and updating of consultants’ database, and also temporary hires.
- Supports the provision of HR related information as requested by responsible bodies including staff, donors and partners.
- Assists in tracking staff Health insurance and claims and other cases as assigned;
- Checks medical reimbursements of staff and dependents for completeness and files claims to the Insurer for refund; follows up whether these claims are reimbursed in time;
- Assists in the implementation of HR policies as outlined in the Jhpiego Nigeria Employment Policy Manual;
- Assists and alerts the HR Officer on any new developments with regard to local and international provisions as applicable to the HR management and functions
- Maintain up-to-date employee’s records in both electronic and hard copy files and ensure the files are complete and all required documentation maintained in a confidential and secure manner
- Create personal files of new Joinees as per the checklist.
- Assist to coordinate the staff welfare initiatives and all staff events e.g. staff retreats and meetings.
- Maintain Tracker of 90 days probationary Performance Review and following up with supervisors to complete their 90 days.
- B.Sc. degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management or related field.
- 2 years proven experience in Human Resources functions.
- Knowledge of international and USG donor agencies and private sector foundations.
- Basic Knowledge of Nigerian Labour Law
- Experience working in an iNGO.
Knowledge / Abilities / Skills:
- Experience working in a busy office
- Computer skills including demonstrated hands on-experience with MS Word, MS Power Point, and MS Excel.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English
- A broad variety of administrative and office management.
- A team player with experience working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Be self-motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude to work requiring minimum supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to handle a variety of assignments sometimes under pressure of deadlines.
- Be cooperative, hardworking, flexible & dependable.
- Ability to communicate effectively, instilling trust and confidence.
- Pleasant, warm and outgoing personality.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be of high integrity and have a sense of confidentiality
- Be willing to take on extra responsibilities in order to achieve the goals/objectives set by the organization.
- Must be flexible and able to work independently and as part of a team.
Application Closing Date
3rd November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV as One Single Word document to: email@example.com using the “Position” as the subject of the email and application.
- Nigerian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Applications should be sent not later than the above closing date. Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.
- Please note that any successful candidate will be subject to a pre employment background investigation.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer