The Strategic Information Advisor is needed to provide technical leadership and project oversight to the Strategic Information of the program, including all monitoring, evaluation, analytics, and reporting of performance and results to an upcoming MOMENTUM field support – MOMENTUM Country and Global Leadership (MCGL) to help address the following major contributors to maternal mortality and morbidity in Nigeria namely: violence against women and girls (VAW/G) with a particular focus on intimate partner violence and sexual violence, reduction in child early and forced marriage (CEF/M), delayed acceptance of family planning (FP) and access to antenatal services. It is anticipated that MCGL will support the operationalization of existing policies, guidelines, and strategies that aim to mitigate VAW/G and develop new ones where applicable to improve MNCH/FP/RH outcomes. USAID Nigeria is also very interested in building and enhancing the local capacity of new and underutilized partners to stimulate and sustain gender transformative social and behavior change that prevent VAW/G, CEF/M and early pregnancy. Thus, the Strategic Information Advisor will lead efforts to strengthen monitoring and evaluation (M&E), and performance reporting within the targeted geographic area, which may include building capacity of community organizations and other stakeholders to monitor, document and analyze the performance of their services and activities and ensure data quality.
Years of experience:-5-9 years
Closing date 3 Nov 2020
Nigerian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Provide leadership and direction on SI/M&E activities to ensure technical and financial integrity to achieve MCGL goals, objectives and targets
- Lead development of project monitoring framework, indicators and tools related to data management, collection, aggregation and data quality assessment and QA/QI to guide state level activities
- Lead the process of establishing an instance of DHIS2 that will warehouse MCGL community and facility-level data
- Oversee real-time data use including monthly and quarterly data review meetings; implement remediation efforts that address identified gaps and challenges for the project overall and at state level
- Oversee the development of data analytics to monitor progress to target continuously to ensure activities are on track
- Support in the development of Project PMP with the teams and oversees its implementation.
- Strengthen the use of data at state, facility, and community level for program monitoring and improvement
- Support the process of validation and triangulation of data between multiple data sources Management.
- Oversee timely, accurate and appropriate reporting of project activities and results to the donor, including narrative progress reports and monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual quantitative results.
- Support and guide capacity building through trainings, mentorship and supervision on M&E/SI activities
- Initiate and maintain strong ties with stakeholders including MOH, LGA and health facilities leadership
- Identify and strengthen regular national- and district-level platforms for evidence-based programing, including the establishment of a program performance review meeting.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Demonstrated ability to perform robust data extraction from internal and external information systems.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public health sector, non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and community-based organizations (CBOs) is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to portray complex data sets in easy to understand formats including visualizations.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Nigerian health and social service information systems and monitoring and evaluation processes as it relates to data collection for performance-based reporting and use of data.
- Demonstrated written, presentation, communication and organizational skills in English
- Ability to travel within Nigeria
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Statistics, Epidemiology, social sciences and other related areas with a minimum of 7 years experience in monitoring and evaluation in international development.
- 5 years practical or demonstrable experience in monitoring and evaluation or data management.
- Previous experience working with USAID funded projects including familiarity with USAID M&E reporting requirements is required
- Strong data management and analytics skill is required.
- Demonstrated ability to be the technical specialist and as the lead subject matter expert in monitoring and evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex data analytics utilizing Microsoft Excel and other statistical analysis software like SPSS, STATA, Epi Info etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the use of GIS and other tools to support geo-spatial display of data to target program interventions and resources.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV as One Single Word document to: email@example.com using the “Position” as the subject of the email and application.
- Applications should be sent not later than the above closing date. Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.
- Please note that any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer