The Human Resources Officer (HRO) will provide administrative support to the Human Resources Department in relation to the all Human Resource related functions in the organization. This will include ensuring consistency of our approach to processes and policies and maintaining high quality standards across all of Jhpiego, Nigeria. The HRO will work with the SHRO while providing support in Talent Acquisition and Management, Recruitment, Personnel Administration & Insurance Management, Performance Management, Career Management and Support, Staff Health Insurance and Learning and Development Management, as well as with Program teams of Jhpiego.
Years of experience:- 5-9 years
Closing date 3 Nov 2020
- Support the coordination of inductions for new staff
- Support documentation for all employees
- Maintain trackers of all recruitment and new staff information
- Assist in collecting information required for HR policies and other HR related projects
- Manage a filing system for HR information, including sensitive and confidential information
- Support with administration relating to Learning & Development activities
Recruitment and orientation
- Advertise roles in the Jhpiego website, public boards, and any other relevant forums.
- Support in the long listing of applicants based on the minimal requirement specified by the Job Description.
- Arrange interviews, including correspondence with candidates and panel members.
- Together with the SHRO ensure that Cascade recruitment module is maintained and all candidates receive timely communication.
- Keep recruitment data like job descriptions, interview grids, tests on the personal files in line with Data Protection regulations.
HR Programs Support:
- Draft contractual documents for all staff both for national long-term employees and short terms consultancy support;
- Provide oversight support to the state offices to ensure compliance of HR policies in relation to recruitment of short-term consultancies and other contractual processes;
- Periodically provide on-field support to staff to ensure consistency of all applications of the Human Resources policies as well as other policies across its operating states;
- Lead in the scheduling of HR meetings and appointments.
- Ensure that all employees are covered under the appropriate benefits policy.
- Any other reasonable duties as may be designated to the role from time to time.
- Degree in Business, HR Management or Administration related studies.
- At least 5 -6 years’ experience in Human Resources with strong background in recruitment process.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Membership of CIPM/SHRM is desired and will be an added advantage.
- Essential computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, internet).
- Desirable experience with INGO.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit an Application letter and a CV as ONE SINGLE WORD document to email@example.com not later than 4p.m on Tuesday 3rd November, 2020 candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified. The title/subject of your email and application should be the position / Location you are applying for. For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org. Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview. Please note that any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer