The HR Assistant will report to the Senior Human Resources Officer. S/He will assist with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources functions and duties. The successful candidate will act as the liaison between the department and staff, ensuring smooth communication and prompt resolution of all queries. S/He will also assist in coordinating HR policies, processes and relevant documents.
Years of experience: – 0-2 years
Closing date 3 Nov 2020
- Assists in raising requisitions; vacancy announcement and participating in preliminary longlisting per established criteria for some positions.
- Monitors due dates for introductory performance reviews of new hires, enrolment for and maturity of staff life and medical polices.
- Assists in the maintenance and updating of consultants’ database, and also temporary hires.
- Supports the provision of HR related information as requested by responsible bodies including staff, donors and partners.
- Assists in tracking staff Health insurance and claims and other cases as assigned;
- Checks medical reimbursements of staff and dependents for completeness and files claims to the Insurer for refund; follows up whether these claims are reimbursed in time;
- Assists in the implementation of HR policies as outlined in the Jhpiego Nigeria Employment Policy Manual;
- Assists and alerts the HR Officer on any new developments with regard to local and international provisions as applicable to the HR management and functions
- Maintain up-to-date employee’s records in both electronic and hard copy files and ensure the files are complete and all required documentation maintained in a confidential and secure manner
- Create personal files of new Joinees as per the checklist.
- Assist to coordinate the staff welfare initiatives and all staff events e.g. staff retreats and meetings.
- Maintain Tracker of 90 days probationary Performance Review and following up with supervisors to complete their 90 days.
- B.Sc. degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management or related field.
- 2 years proven experience in Human Resources functions.
- Knowledge of international and USG donor agencies and private sector foundations.
- Basic Knowledge of Nigerian Labour Law
- Experience working in an iNGO.
- Experience working in a busy office
- Computer skills including demonstrated hands on-experience with MS Word, MS Power Point, and MS Excel.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English
- A broad variety of administrative and office management.
- A team player with experience working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Be self-motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude to work requiring minimum supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to handle a variety of assignments sometimes under pressure of deadlines.
- Be cooperative, hardworking, flexible & dependable.
- Ability to communicate effectively, instilling trust and confidence.
- Pleasant, warm and outgoing personality.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be of high integrity and have a sense of confidentiality
- Be willing to take on extra responsibilities in order to achieve the goals/objectives set by the organization.
- Must be flexible and able to work independently and as part of a team.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit an Application letter and a CV as ONE SINGLE WORD document to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 4p.m on Tuesday 3rd November, 2020 candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified. The title/subject of your email and application should be the position / Location you are applying for. For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org. Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview. Please note that any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer