Lopterra Services Limited – Our client, a renewable Energy firm is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Engineer (Electrical)
Job Code: LPT/PE006
Job Location: Ikeja – Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are in need of a Project Engineer (Electrical). S/he will be responsible for all engineering and technical disciplines that involve project management (including plan, forecast, resource and manage all the technical activities aiming at assuring project accuracy and quality from conception to completion).
- Evaluate electrical systems, components, and applications by designing and applying knowledge of electricity and materials.
- Confirm systems and components’ capabilities by designing testing methods, testing properties.
- Develop electrical products and solutions by studying customer requirements, designing and implementing appropriate products/solutions.
- Assure product quality by designing electrical testing methods; testing finished products and system capabilities.
- Provide alternative power, Engineering and security information by answering questions on all products and services that Niteo Limited offers.
- Efficiently manage projects scopes, timelines, budgets and perform quality control on all projects to ensure expectations are met.
- Maintain product and company reputation by complying with installation, safety standards and organizational standards/regulations.
- Keep equipment operational by following manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures, requesting repair service.
- Maintain product database by keeping both soft copy and hard copy inventory and database.
- Provide leadership and monitor the compliance of the project to ensure that industry codes and practices are adhered to.
- Complete projects and mentor junior engineers and technicians.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed and check that staff members perform their duties to a high standard to ensure the project runs smoothly, overseeing the needs of the client, and finding ways to improve processes.
- Participating in Tendering processes and delivering technical presentations/defense.
- Prepare and make technical presentations to prospects and customers.
- Attend product pitches and presentations.
- Supervise and manage QHSE processes
- Prepare product and project reports
- Extensive project/electrical engineering experience and proven working experience as a project engineer
- Excellent knowledge of electronic components testing, troubleshooting, faulty isolation and repairs
- Ability to work with multiple discipline projects
- Project management qualification and skills is a must
- Decision-making ability and leadership skills
- Current Engineer license is an added edge
- Very good team management and delegation skills
- Must be able to use all Microsoft packages competently (Especially Excel, PowerPoint Outlook, Word, Visio and Project)
- Significant working knowledge of design and visualization software such as AutoCAD
- Creative, Innovative, solution and goal-driven
- Driving and Valid Driver’s License is mandatory
The following are highly valued, but not required but it would be an added advantage.
- Previous experience in a start-up business
- Experience in an engineering service role
- Previous experience in an Engineering firm is an added advantage (Major in renewable energy, & Security Solution installation and management)
Required Qualification & Education
- BEng degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Advanced MS Office Suite skills (Project, Excel, Visio & Powerpoint)
- Registered with NSE or COREN
- Minimum of 3-years experience.
- Potential candidates should be situated in Ikeja and its environs.
N900,000 – N1,020,000 per Annum plus benefits.
Application Closing Date
7th November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should kindly forward their CV and relevant copies of qualifications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using Job Code as the email subject.
Note: Applications without job code will be ignored.