Oversees the mapping, data creation, management, and analysis to support comprehensive planning processes and activities within Ikeja Electric.
- Create maps and graphs, using GIS software (ESRI & QGIS) and related equipment.
- Conduct Research to locate and get existing databases.
- Maintain and update site tracker and database
- Gather, analyze, and integrate spatial data from staff and determine how best the information can be displayed using GIS.
- Use GIS to analyze data related to equipment and assets for planning purposes within Ikeja Electric.
- Analyze spatial data for geographic statistics to incorporate into documents and reports.
- Enter new map data through use of a digitizer or by direct input of coordinate information using the principles of cartography including coordinate systems, longitude, latitude, elevation, topography, and map scales.
- Create and implement standards for quality of geographic data.
- Design, update and implement systems and databases for storing and accessing geospatial data.
- Study, develop, and implement procedures and policies to improve efficiency and ensure sound GIS practices and analysis
- Assess and develop a plan for GIS system software and hardware needs for Ikeja Electric
- Use GIS software to produce, display, and analyze geographic information
- Able to design, implement, maintain and administer relational database management systems.
- First degree with major course work in information sciences, geography, geographic information systems, engineering, or a related field.
- At least 7 years’ experience of increasingly responsible geographic information systems experience.
- Proficiency in using GIS applications like ArcGIS Online, Business Analyst Web app, etc.
- Understands principles and practices of GIS analysis and design.
- Troubleshoot GIS network and application problems.
- Ability to design and manipulate/calculate GIS and associated database information
- Supervision & Leadership skill
- Result Oriented
- Good planning and organization skills
- Communicates in a fluent, logical, clear and convincing manner verbally and in writing
- Use resources effectively
- Attention to details