- Creative Associate International
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative Associates seeks a Procurement Manager for an upcoming education project in Nigeria, which seeks to improve student access to school and literacy outcomes in a language they use and understand in Grades 1-3 in select areas of Nigeria, equitably and sustainably. The Procurement Manager will be responsible for managing a team of Procurement Officers and overseeing the Contract’s overall procurement processes, ensuring the procurements of goods and services are in line with the budget and projection, and providing regular procurement mentoring to project staff to support project implementation.
Reporting and Supervision:
This Procurement Manager will report to the Operations Manager.
- Manage and oversee the procurement team and support the Chief of Party (COP), Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP), and technical teams in procurement needs;
- Approve procurement requests and ensure procurement files, including solicitations, proposals, evaluations, award documents, official contracts and correspondence on all procurements, are in line with USAID and Creative policies and local law;
- Provide support to the DCOP in programmatic, strategic development and quality control duties; and liaise with USAID and government stakeholders to respond to their informational, data and monitoring requirements;
- Develop and deliver reports and written documentation related to technical activities to be reported to USAID, including weekly, quarterly and annual reports, and all relevant project deliverables; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in related field preferred;
- At least five (5) years of relevant work experience, including at least three (3) years of experience managing and supervising a team;
- Experience working on USAID or similar internationally funded programs;
- Experience in Sub-Saharan Africa;
- Strong knowledge of donor procurement rules and regulations;
- Strong ability to use and develop management and tracking systems;
- Strong communication skills;
- Oral and written working proficiency in English;
- Ability to work under pressure in challenging working and living conditions; and
- Ability to travel internationally or domestically upon short notice.
Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.