The QED Group, LLC
QED is a global consulting firm with more than 20 years of experience providing data-driven and insightful solutions in close to 100 countries. We are passionate about transforming lives through knowledge-based solutions. Leveraging deep expertise in monitoring, evaluation, global health, and learning, we help our clients collect, analyze, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. Our work maximizes results through the use of cutting-edge technologies and innovation, organizational development, and evidence-based decision-making.
Project and Position Description
The QED Group is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party candidate for the upcoming USAID-funded Nigeria Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Activity. This position will be full time and based in Abuja, Nigeria for an anticipated implementation period of five years
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Support Activity is a five-year activity to assist USAID/Nigeria in advancing its broader organizational learning and development efforts. This will be accomplished by further strengthening the Mission’s capacity and performance in programmatic monitoring, evaluation, learning, collaborating, and adapting. The MEL Support activity will closely align with USAID/Nigeria’s new Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) to be launched in the summer/fall of 2020. The MEL Support activity will provide a broad range of specialized technical assistance, training, data gathering and analysis, field-based monitoring, evaluations and assessments, facilitation of organizational learning and
adaptation initiatives, and short-term technical assistance.
This position is contingent on QED being awarded this project.
The DCOP will assist the COP in providing overall technical, administrative, and financial management leadership. This includes, but is not limited to:
- The Deputy Chief of Party will assist the Mission in establishing performance measures,
collection and analysis of performance information
- Plan and manage evaluations, participate on evaluation teams as a qualitative researcher, design programs, and conduct activities to build Mission and Implementing Partner capacity in M&E methodology.
- S/he explores and leads the Mission’s efforts in new ways of evaluation and evaluative processes with the aim of making the Mission a leader in evaluation processes and evaluation information use.
- S/he will lead the design and application of econometric methodologies in all aspects of the
monitoring and evaluation program.
- S/he will lead the application of econometric or other quantitative approaches to the Mission’s d analyses for assessments, evaluations, baselines, data quality assessments and other M&E data gathering efforts.
- S/he assists Mission Management in using the performance information for decision-making and resource allocation.
- Serves as the principal point of contact in Nigeria for procedural and substantive
matters in the absence of the COP.
- Backstop and reinforce the other long- and short-term specialists; ensure that the Activity focus remains on achieving results; and manage an effective monitoring and reporting system.
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in development, evaluation, economics, knowledge management, or related fields.
- Previous experience leading multiple international donor funded evaluations and assessments.
- A minimum of eight years of progressively responsible professional experience in monitoring and evaluation with monitoring and evaluation activities within complex international development contexts in the areas of Health, Democracy, Governance and Conflict, Economic Growth, Education and/or agricultural development.
- Excellent teamwork, inter-personal, verbal and written communication, presentation and
- Ability to lead and conduct field work in non-permissive environments, areas with hardship conditions, in remote areas, for extended periods of time.
- Fluency in English, written and spoken. Fluency in Hausa, Yoruba, or languages native to Nigeria preferred.
- Nigerians citizens preferred, experience in West Africa required.
To apply for this position please follow the following steps:
- Complete the online application.
- Attach your resume/CV.
- Click on this link to complete a USAID Biodata/1420 form, fill out the form, sign it, and attach/upload it to your application.
- You may also include other documents such as cover letter and/or a work sample.
- Submit your application, resume/CV, completed biodata, and any additional documents.
Please note that applications submitted by other means; or without either a resume/CV and/or biodata may not be considered. Only finalists will be contacted; no phone calls please.
A submitted application to QED in response to a position on a bid or proposal, indicates your agreement to be included in our submission to the client at least on an illustrative named basis.
The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. AA/V/D. Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.