Universal Basic Education Commission
The Federal Teachers’ Scheme was established in 2006 as part of the Federal Government’s intervention to assure quality basic education delivery in Nigeria. The Scheme recruits unemployed holders of the Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) for a two – year teaching service in public basic education schools (ECCDE, primary and junior secondary).
The objectives of the scheme include the following:-
- assisting States to reduce shortage of teacher requirement for the success of the UBE programme;
- exposing young NCE graduates to full practical experience in their chosen career;
- ensuring qualitative education of candidates in the UBE programme; and
- providing employment to NCE graduates.
The Unit is headed by a National Coordinator who is assisted by staff deployed from other Departments in the Commission. The Scheme is implemented using the existing UBEC structure (Headquarters, Zonal and State Offices). The Commission works closely with the SUBEBs, through a designated Desk Officer, appointed by each Board. The Desk Officer oversees the day to day implementation of the Scheme at the State level.
Below are requirements for FTS Jobs Recruitment and Available Jobs will be listed also, read carefully,
- Applicants must possess Bachelor’s degree in Education or Bachelor degree with Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE), of not lower than Second Class (Lower Division) and not earned earlier than 2014.
- To be shortlisted you must have completed or been exempted from the NYSC Scheme.
- Not more than 35 years of age.
- Not currently employed or enrolled under the NYSC, N-Power or any similar programme.
- Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) with credit passes in Teaching Practice and the Teaching Subjects, and not earned earlier than 2014, with specialisation in any of the following subjects:
- English Language
- Integrated Science
- Biology, Chemistry and Physics
- Agricultural Science
- Home Economics
- Computer Science
- Technical/Technology Education
- Computer Science or Information Technology
- Nigerian Languages
- Physical and Health Education
How to Apply for UBEC Federal Teacher Job Vacancies
You can follow all the registration process by first completing all existing registration files as we know that the registration requirements become mandatory to be fulfilled for you to register.
The application will be accepted online only.
- Click here to visit the UBEC Portal – fts.admissions.clouds
Applicants should not be more than 35 years of age and not currently employed or enrolled under the NYSC, N-Power or any other similar programme.
They are expected to complete the application forms online, by visiting https://fts.admissions.clouds
”Applicants are also required to upload their credentials with their most recent passport photographs. The application portal would be opened for two weeks, from Sept. 10 to Sept. 24, with no extension,” UBEC said.
Shortlisted candidates would sit for Computer-Based Test (CBT) on October 10 at designated centres in every state capital.