Creative Associates International
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
This position is for an upcoming education project in Nigeria, which seeks to improve student access to school and literacy outcomes in a language they use and understand in Grades 1-3 in select areas of Nigeria, equitably and sustainably.
The Senior Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Advisor establishes and manages the overall activity system to track progress towards meeting contract results, indicators and targets.
Reporting and Supervision:
The Senior M&E Advisor reports to the Deputy Chief of Party and will directly supervise project staff.
- Ensure that performance monitoring, action research, and evaluations are consistent with program results and track activity progress towards achieving targets and results;
- Ensure that the methodologies proposed by the contractor to measure the program impact on access, retention, reading and learning outcomes, school safety, community engagement, gender, disability-inclusive, and conflict sensitive measures, are being consistently and systematically tracked and reported;
- Manage and coordinate program effectiveness evaluation, including quality implementation of early grade reading assessment; and
- Manage and coordinate field-based monitoring and evaluation specialists, and any other staff responsible to performance monitoring, oversight, and data collection and reporting.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Master’s Degree or higher in education, research methods or another relevant social science is required. Training in qualitative and quantitative analysis is required;
- At least eight (8) years of experience with design and M&E for programs in the education sector required; West Africa, Nigeria experience preferred;
- Demonstrated success and experience in monitoring results and indicators of education access and quality, learning outcomes, and community engagement required;
- Prior experience organizing, implementing and reporting on early grade reading assessments of oral reading fluency required;
- Prior experience with monitoring and reporting requirements for USAID programs highly desired;
- Demonstrated excellence in communications and interpersonal skills;
- Professional proficiency and fluency in written and spoken English; and
- Fluency in relevant languages of instruction (Hausa, Igbo, or Yoruba) highly desired.
Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.