Creative Associates International
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative Associates seeks an Operations Manager for an upcoming education project in Nigeria, which seeks to improve student access to school and literacy outcomes in a language they use and understand in Grades 1-3 in select areas of Nigeria, equitably and sustainably. The Operations Manager is responsible for the management of human resources, local procurement, and information technology of the program in a fluid and complex operational environment.
Reporting and Supervision:
This Operations Manager reports to the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP).
- Ensure streamlined operations systems in line with Creative and donor rules and regulations;
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the portfolio of programs;
- Ensure an in-depth awareness of operational issues in the context of Nigeria;
- Streamline and maintain procurement processes to meet grant deliverables and milestones;
- Serve as the primary liaison to all vendors and subcontractors;
- Responsible for day to day management of subcontracts with international vendors;
- Serve as primary liaison for Creative HQ on international subcontractor issues;
- Manage and oversee staff responsible for arranging travel and logistics for staff and project equipment and inventory;
- Provide timely and accurate reports on location of staff and assets and maintain proper hard and soft copy files for each. Reports may be requested by HQ or donor;
- Responsible for program compliance with Task Order, U.S. Government rules and regulations, and Creative policies and procedures;
- Support DCOP in all operations tasks and duties;
- Manage, train, and mentor key team members in the areas of administration, logistics, human resources, procurement, budgeting and finance; and
- Respond to requests from donor and supervisors as needed.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- At least five (5) years of relevant work experience, including experience with a Contractor or international NGO managing an office or program;
- At least four (4) years of experience supervising complex, high-speed, and challenging field operations in developing countries;
- Familiarity with or have experience in education-type projects;
- Experience with operations, logistics and subcontracts;
- Knowledge of basic operating procedures in high-risk environments;
- Experience in Sub-Saharan Africa;
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English and local languages;
- Strong analytical capacity; and
- Previous experience working with USAID desired.
Local nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.