QED is a global consulting firm with more than 20 years of experience providing data-driven and insightful solutions in close to 100 countries. We are passionate about transforming lives through knowledge-based solutions. Leveraging deep expertise in monitoring, evaluation, global health, and learning, we help our clients collect, analyze, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. Our work maximizes results through the use of cutting-edge technologies and innovation, organizational development, and evidence-based decision-making.
Project and Position Description
The QED Group is seeking a Collaboration, Learning and Adaptation (CLA) Specialist for the upcoming USAID-funded Nigeria Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Activity. This position will be full time and based in Abuja, Nigeria for an anticipated implementation period of five years
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Support Activity is a five-year activity to assist USAID/Nigeria in advancing its broader organizational learning and development efforts. This will be accomplished by further strengthening the Mission’s capacity and performance in
programmatic monitoring, evaluation, learning, collaborating, and adapting. The MEL Support activity will closely align with USAID/Nigeria’s new Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) to be launched in the summer/fall of 2020. The MEL Support activity will provide a broad range of specialized technical assistance, training, data gathering and analysis, field-based monitoring, evaluations and assessments, facilitation of organizational learning and adaptation initiatives, and short-term technical assistance.
This position is contingent on QED being awarded this project.
- Foster strong, collaborative relationships with key Mission stakeholders, serve as a convener for dialogue and learning around emerging issues, assist in identifying and responding to key learning issues, and coordinate efforts amongst implementing partners (IPs) working in common Development Objectives (DOs)
- Develop and implement a learning plan for the Mission Community of Practice and IPs that outlines key learning questions, stakeholders and their roles, and broad stakeholder engagement at multiple levels
- Support strategic communications, including producing publications and organizing public events with partners and other stakeholders
- Conduct process re-engineering, including assisting in negotiating change management around monitoring, evaluation, and learning related issues
- Lead facilitation, including facilitating processes and workshops; coordination among implementing partners and other collaborators with the greatest impact on results; and developing product plans for program adaptation
- Ensure that monitoring and evaluation information is shared and fully utilized through knowledge sharing and strategic learning processes to speed innovation and improve upon and bring new innovations to the Mission’s programmatic work in-country
- Master’s degree in field related to organizational learning or development assistance such as public, business, or development administration; knowledge management; political science; economics or development studies
- Minimum of eight years of demonstrated experience in strategic planning; monitoring and evaluation; project design; facilitation of learning; and knowledge management, including experience in applying learning to improve international development programs and systems change for adaptive management of development organizations or agencies
- Previous experience supporting USAID Missions in a similar capacity
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID Evaluation Policy, CLA Framework, J2SR and other initiatives
- Nigerian citizen preferred, experience working in West Africa required
- Fluency English required; fluency in Hausa, Yoruba, or languages native to Nigeria desired.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please follow the following steps:
- Complete the online application.
- Attach your resume/CV.
- Click on this link to complete a USAID Biodata/1420 form, fill out the form, sign it, and attach/upload it to your application.
- You may also include other documents such as cover letter and/or a work sample.
- Submit your application, resume/CV, completed biodata, and any additional documents.
Please note that applications submitted by other means; or without either a resume/CV and/or biodata may not be considered. Only finalists will be contacted; no phone calls please.
A submitted application to QED in response to a position on a bid or proposal, indicates your agreement to be included in our submission to the client at least on an illustrative named basis.
The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. AA/V/D. Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.