Our client is a leading business development and investment holding company for the Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA), based in the Capital City – Abuja, Nigeria.
The Chief Investment Officer (CIO) is the executive responsible for managing the organization’s investment portfolios. The CIO oversees a team of professionals who have responsibilities such as managing and monitoring investment activity, managing pension funds, working with external analysts, and maintaining good investor relations. They also develop short-term and long-term investment policies.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in business administration, economics, or finance complemented by a master’s degree (a plus) with an emphasis on finance, or economics
- A CFA would also be preferable or over 15 years of work experience in a leading institution.
- Proven experience as CIO or similar managerial role as a private investor, opportunity fund, pension fund advisor or investment banker.
- Solid understanding and experience in data analysis, and investment acumen
- Should have proven experience in managing people, programs, and processes. A successful track record of locating, structuring, financing, and managing. A very strong proficiency in fixed income and equity investments (e.g., stock and bond portfolio management).
- Strong knowledge of return generation strategies
- Strong knowledge of all asset classes
- Strong knowledge of various investment products
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent leadership skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects
- Ability to lead large teams