Location: Borno State, Nigeria
Contract type: Short term consultancy contract
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Closing date: Friday, 16 October, 2020
Options Consultancy seeks a State Level Communications Expert in Borno to provide strategic communications advice to support the implementation of Lafiya strategies related to Human Capital Development, the prioritisation of public investment in health and communication of health entitlements to citizens.
The summary purpose and objective of this role is to:
- Develop a strategy for raising the political profile of HCD to galvanise commitment for health spending.
- Support the State Primary Health Care Development Agencies (SPHCDA), Social Health Insurance Agencies (SHIA) and Public Relations Officers from the State Ministries of Health (SMOH) to develop state specific communications strategies to reach citizens at scale with information on their health entitlements.
- Use of Technology: As needed the consultant will be expected to contribute to discussions on digital solutions for communications
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Technical expertise in advocacy, communications and behavioural sciences.
- Experience in using participatory approaches to develop messaging content for reaching political leaders, government and citizens.
- Experience working with development programmes, focused on health communication and supporting accountability for health outcomes.
- Proven ability to manage relationships with government ministries, state and local governments, service providers, communities, and other stakeholders.
- Familiarity with Nigeria’s health system is a strong asset.
- To apply, please fill in the form here.
- Closing date for applications is: 16th October 2020
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
- Interviews will be held on a rolling basis as applications are received
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including criminal record check, identification check, employment references and right to work verification (where appropriate).
- Options is an equal opportunities employer
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
- We seek people who are pro-choice, energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision.