Location: Zamfara State, Nigeria
Contract type: Full time, fixed term contract
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Closing date: Friday, 16 October, 2020
Options Consultancy Services seeks a COVID-19 Advocacy and Accountability Officer in Zamfara State to provide support and guidance on accountability issues relating to COVID-19 and health security more broadly in collaboration with the Advocacy and Accountability Coordinator and in partnership with the PERL focal person in the state.
The summary purpose and objective of the role is to:
- Deliver guidance and innovative approaches towards COVID-19 community preparedness and response to strengthen health systems resilience.
- Engage directly with high-level political actors at federal and state levels to encourage increased public health spending as means to tackle Covid-19 and kick-start UHC reforms
- Provide strategic guidance to CSO coalitions at the state level and other CSOs for effective and efficient performance on accountability relating to COVID-19
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Technical background in health security, community health systems and accountability of health results
- Strong understanding of the Nigerian health system
- Good connections with state and non-state actors in the health sector in the state
- Experience of working with the media to communicate advocacy messages.
- Proven skills in capacity building and analysing data and packaging it for targeted advocacy
- To apply, please fill in the form here.
- Closing date for applications is: 16th October 2020
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
- Interviews will be held on a rolling basis as applications are received
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including criminal record check, identification check, employment references and right to work verification (where appropriate).
- Options is an equal opportunities employer
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
- We seek people who are pro-choice, energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision.