Location: Kaduna State, Nigeria
Contract type: Full time, fixed term contract
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Closing date: Friday, 16 October, 2020
Options Consultancy seeks an Advocacy and Accountability Officer to lead on activities within the Lafiya Kaduna state team in support of Basic Health Care Provision Fund (BHCPF) utilisation and implementation. This will involve providing support and guidance at the state and at LGA levels. Responsibilities:
The summary purpose and objective of this role is to:
- Provide strategic guidance to Ward Development Committees on their role in facilitating BHCPF implementation and accountability, including sensitising them on health entitlements relating to BHCPF.
- Facilitate capacity building of Ward Development Committees on BHCPF, their roles and responsibilities in facilitating implementation, tracking and reporting
- Provide guidance to the state led accountability mechanisms for effective and efficient performance as an accountability platform on BHCPF.
- Support identification of key advocacy and accountability priorities to strengthen accountability for BHCPF implementation at State, LGA and community level.
To succeed in this role, you will have a:
- Technical background in health financing, community health systems and accountability of health results
- Strong understanding of the Nigerian health system
- Good connections with state and non-state actors in the health sector in the state
- Experience of working with the media to communicate advocacy messages.
- Proven skills in capacity building and analysing data and packaging it for targeted advocacy
- To apply, please fill in the form here.
- Closing date for applications is: 16th October 2020
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
- Interviews will be held on a rolling basis as applications are received
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including criminal record check, identification check, employment references and right to work verification (where appropriate)
- Options is an equal opportunities employer
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
- We seek people who are pro-choice, energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision.