- DevTech System, Inc. – Abuja
DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with 35 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. We are a data driven organization that specializes in informing policy making by delivering focused data-driven evidence-based analysis products and services. DevTech’s core practice areas include: Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management.
DevTech manages the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Activity which provides continuous, on-the-ground, on-demand and systematic support to USAID/Nigeria and implementing partners on performance monitoring, data verification, impact and performance evaluations, project and activity level monitoring, evaluation planning and management, organizational learning, capacity building, and knowledge management.
The MEL Activity of DevTech Sys Inc. is supporting the HIV/AIDS and TB (HAT) technical office of USAID/Nigeria to conduct a Data Quality Assessment (DQA) on HIV/AIDS data for key indicators reported by various implementing partners (IPs) in multiple states. Hence, DevTech is engaging a team of consultants to support the conduct of the DQA exercise.
The DQA exercise will be conducted in multiple states in the month of November 2020 and will involve an M&E systems assessment and data verification of multiple indicators reported by multiple HIV IPs.
The DQA seeks to:
- To verify that the quality of data reported are grounded in the components of data quality.
- To ensure that managers can use these data generated to effectively direct available resources and to evaluate progress towards established goals.
- To assess and identify potential challenges to data quality that the data management and reporting systems create at all reporting levels.
- To develop action plans to improve the identified weaknesses and gaps.
The DQA State Team Lead will be responsible for the following:
- Participate in the orientation for the DQA exercise.
- Coordinate the field activities of the data assessors in focus states.
- Conduct multiple IP service delivery level M&E systems assessment and data verification for select HIV program indicators in focus states.
- Review and collate daily reports of DQA activities submitted by the data assessors and provide relevant feedback to the MEL Specialist Health.
- Coordinate debrief of DQA findings to relevant IPs in focus states.
- Carry out other DQA tasks as assigned by the MEL Activity’s MEL Specialist Health.
- Master’s degree in public health, medicine or a related field and/or a minimum of 10 years progressive professional experience in the related field;
- At least ten years’ monitoring and evaluation experience, with strong familiarity of the PEPFAR HIV/AIDS indicators (essential);
- Experience leading data quality exercises on HIV/AIDS indicator data (essential); and
- Excellent technical report writing and communication/presentation skills.
- Must be Nigerian.
- Must be able to speak local languages and English.
- Must be able to work in a fast pace environment and as a team.
This job posting should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law.