The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative / Logistics Intern
Report to: HR / FIN / ADM Officer
Area: Administration, Logistics
Starting Date: As soon as possible
- The purpose of this role is to provide administrative and logistics support for the efficient and smooth functioning of the Nigeria Desk office according to ALIMA procedures.
- The post holder will be supervised by the HR / FIN / ADMIN Officer and expected to work closely with other members of the Desk Team and field offices.
- Arrange for the repair and maintenance of office equipment and machinery to ensure that staff work effectively without any disruptions.
- Prepare and file documents for signature and/or action, as necessary and ensure that proper filing systems are in place for the office.
- Ensure appropriate request for quotation is placed and correct quotations received for processing.
- Prepare and check procurement files in order to ensure accuracy, compliance and on time payment.
- Prepare and Maintain records of all outstanding purchase orders with external vendors, arrange transportation/shipping and forwarding services for all orders to ensure delivery on schedule.
- Submit monthly tax reports to the tax offices and ensure timely submission of statutory payment schedules.
- Ensure that office stationery and other amenities are available at all times, help Desk/field offices with processing of requisitions and purchases of some office supplies.
- Ensure timely pick-up on arrival, manage hotel reservation, staff ID cards, flight bookings and other support services for staff.
- Manage assets / materials in stock, issue them as per procedure to prevent out of stock.
- Coordinate the allocation of guesthouse rooms and ensure all premises meet the health and safety standards through regular cleaning, maintenance and repairs.
- Coordinate vehicle movement and fleet management.
- Supervise the cleaner to ensure proper cleaning and maintenance of health standards in the office and guest house.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the HR / FIN / ADMIN officer.
- Education: Degree in Business Administration or Public Administration / Logistics or related field.
- Experience: 1-year professional experience, preferably in an INGO.
- Language· English language (French language will be an asset).
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with diverse staff, clients, and consultants.
- Demonstrated integrity, confidentiality, teamwork and professionalism.
- Competences to assess priorities, manage a variety of complex activities simultaneously in a time-sensitive environment, and meet competing deadlines
Application Closing Date
9th October, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to:
using “Administrative / Logistics Intern – Abuja” as the subject of the mail.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.