The QED Group, LLC – Abuja
Overview:QED is a global consulting firm with more than 20 years of experience providing data-driven and insightful solutions in close to 100 countries. We are passionate about transforming lives through knowledge-based solutions. Leveraging deep expertise in monitoring, evaluation, global health, and learning, we help our clients collect, analyze, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. Our work maximizes results through the use of cutting-edge technologies and innovation, organizational development, and evidence-based decision-making.
Project and Position Description
The QED Group is seeking a Monitoring Advisor candidate for the upcoming USAID-funded Nigeria Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Activity. This position will be full time and based in Abuja, Nigeria for an anticipated implementation period of five years
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Support Activity is a five-year activity to assist USAID/Nigeria in advancing its broader organizational learning and development efforts. This will be accomplished by further strengthening the Mission’s capacity and performance in programmatic monitoring, evaluation, learning, collaborating, and adapting. The MEL Support activity will closely align with USAID/Nigeria’s new Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) to be launched in the summer/fall of 2020. The MEL Support activity will provide a broad range of specialized technical assistance, training, data gathering and analysis, field-based monitoring, evaluations and assessments, facilitation of organizational learning and
adaptation initiatives, and short-term technical assistance.
This position is contingent on QED being awarded this project.
Responsibilities:The Monitoring Advisor’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee and guide the daily field support service requests (monitoring, DQAs, rapid feedback assessments) from the Mission.
- Collaborate closely with the Learning/Institutional Capacity Advisor, and MEL Specialist backstops for each of the Mission’s technical offices, the Monitoring Advisor will ensure that the MEL related needs of the Mission are met.
- S/he will oversee enhancements to the Monitor® system, ensuring that the system serves as a resource and management tool especially for the Mission’s CORs.
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in development, evaluation, development analytics,
economics, knowledge management or related fields.
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible professional experience in
monitoring and evaluation with monitoring and evaluation activities within complex
international development contexts in Democracy and Governance and Conflict, Heatlh, Economic Growth, Education, and Agricultural Development.
- Excellent teamwork, inter-personal, verbal and written communication, presentation and
- Ability to conduct field work in areas with hardship conditions, in remote areas, for extended periods of time.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical background in cost-benefit analysis,
econometric methodologies, or statistical systems.
- Fluency in English, written and spoken; fluency in Hausa, Yoruba, or languages native to Nigeria desired.
- Nigeria citizens preferred.
How to Apply:To apply for this position please follow the following steps:
- Complete the online application.
- Attach your resume/CV.
- Click on this link to complete a USAID Biodata/1420 form, fill out the form, sign it, and attach/upload it to your application.
- You may also include other documents such as cover letter and/or a work sample.
- Submit your application, resume/CV, completed biodata, and any additional documents.
Please note that applications submitted by other means; or without either a resume/CV and/or biodata may not be considered. Only finalists will be contacted; no phone calls please.
A submitted application to QED in response to a position on a bid or proposal, indicates your agreement to be included in our submission to the client at least on an illustrative named basis.
The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. AA/V/D. Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.