The QED Group, LLC – Abuja
QED is a global consulting firm with more than 20 years of experience providing data-driven and insightful solutions in close to 100 countries. We are passionate about transforming lives through knowledge-based solutions. Leveraging deep expertise in monitoring, evaluation, global health, and learning, we help our clients collect, analyze, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. Our work maximizes results through the use of cutting-edge technologies and innovation, organizational development, and evidence-based decision-making.
The QED Group is seeking a Chief of Party candidate for the upcoming USAID-funded Nigeria Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Activity. This position will be full time and based in Abuja, Nigeria for an anticipated implementation period of five years
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Support Activity is a five-year activity to assist USAID/Nigeria in advancing its broader organizational learning and development efforts. This will be accomplished by further strengthening the Mission’s capacity and performance in programmatic monitoring, evaluation, learning, collaborating, and adapting. The MEL Support activity will closely align with USAID/Nigeria’s new Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) to be launched in the summer/fall of 2020. The MEL Support activity will provide a broad range of specialized technical assistance, training, data gathering and analysis, field-based monitoring, evaluations and assessments, facilitation of organizational learning and adaptation initiatives, and short-term technical assistance. Contractors are strongly encouraged to partner with Nigerian organizations, companies, research institutes, and/or academic institutions to achieve the goals and carry out the activities described herein.The contract will be managed out of the USAID/Nigeria Program Office, and the contractor will work with USAID/Nigeria staff, USAID implementing partners, and other key stakeholders including development partners in Nigeria, and USAID/Washington stakeholders.
This position is contingent on QED being awarded this project.
The Chief of Party will be responsible for leading and managing the overall Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Support activity. The Chief of Party will work closely with USAID/Nigeria’s leadership team, the Program Office and with technical office team leads, and other Chief of Parties managing USAID projects/activities.
The COP will be responsible for overseeing and managing the following areas:
- Program Management of Planning, Implementation, and Monitoring Activities
- Personnel Management
- Communications and Information Management
- Contract Management
- Other Duties and Responsibilities as Related to Assignment and Position
- Master’s degree in applied international development, strategic planning, project design and implementation, or a related field
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive experience managing high-performing interdisciplinary teams in international development settings working in non-permissive environments and leading third party monitoring platforms
- The last 5 years (minimum) serving as a Chief of Party
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking/planning, management, and presentation skills
- Strong multi-cultural, interpersonal and supervision skills. Experience working in settings similar background is required
- Especially charismatic, collaborative, professional credentials to be able to establish close, trustful relations for pursuing earnest organizational learning with, particularly USAID/Nigeria’s American and Nigerian senior professional staff and leadership, including the Mission Director’s Office
- At least three years’ experience living and working in West Africa, preferably in Nigeria
- Knowledge of and experience with US Government (USG)-funded program management, policies, regulations, and procedures
- Fluency in English, written and spoken
How to Apply:
To apply for this position please follow the following steps:
- Complete the online application.
- Attach your resume/CV.
- Click on this link to complete a USAID Biodata/1420 form, fill out the form, sign it, and attach/upload it to your application.
- You may also include other documents such as cover letter and/or a work sample.
- Submit your application, resume/CV, completed biodata, and any additional documents.
Please note that applications submitted by other means; or without either a resume/CV and/or biodata may not be considered. Only finalists will be contacted; no phone calls please.
A submitted application to QED in response to a position on a bid or proposal, indicates your agreement to be included in our submission to the client at least on an illustrative named basis.
The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. AA/V/D. Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.