Edge Recruiter Nigeria – Lagos
Our Client is a highly advanced technology platform created to drive and power the new digital payments revolution in Africa. They have an opening for a Chief Information Security Officer (CISO).
- Responsible for driving our client’s IT security strategy and implementation forward whilst protecting the business from security threats. Operational compliance to PCIDSS, ISO and other relevant standards and statutory regulations shall also be the responsibility of the CISO.
- Responsible for the day-to-day cybersecurity activities and the mitigation of cybersecurity risks.
- Focusing on companywide cybersecurity risk and implementation of the cybersecurity strategy as approved by the Board.
- Monitoring security vulnerabilities and threats in network and host systems
- Tracking latest IT security innovations and keeping abreast of latest cyber security technologies
- Communicating with key stakeholders about IT security threats
- Implementing an effective process for the reporting and investigating of security incidents.
- Managing the IT security team, security experts and other 3rd parties
- Complying with the latest industry regulations and compliance requirements
- Championing and educating the organization about the latest security risks, strategies and technologies
- Conducting a continuous assessment of current IT security practices and systems and identifying areas for improvement
- Running security audits and risk assessments
- Delivering new security technology approaches and implementing next generation solutions
- Overseeing the management of the IT security department, giving leadership to the team and developing staff
- Driving change projects and building new IT capabilities
- Developing and implementing business continuity plans to ensure service is continuous when a change programme is introduced, or a security breach occurs or in the event that the disaster recovery plan needs to be triggered
- Protecting the intellectual property of the organization at all times
- Managing the IT security budget and communicating this with the appropriate parties
- Reporting to the board as applicable and being an active member of the senior management team
- Representing our client as a member of the CISO committee
- Minimum of a master’s degree Information Security or related field.
- CISSP or CISM certified
- 10+ years of proven experience and demonstrated success in technology leadership with emphasis on information security, infrastructure services, portfolio management or business systems
- Experience with start-up OR working as a consultant- basically we need someone who can be very dynamic and adapt to the uncertainties of a start-up
- Provide consultancy to our client’s technology team to ensure security is built into our client’s products from concept/design stage
- Change management and business process experience with a proven track record of driving large-scale change programmes
- Experience of managing a team
- A proven record of dealing with complex projects and meeting conflicting demands
Job Opening IDERJ1429