As a federal company, GIZ supports the federal government in achieving its goals in international cooperation for sustainable development.
Job ID: P1533V4797
Period: 11/01/2020 – 04/30/2022
Area of Expertise: Financial management and controlling
Type of employment: Full or part time
Deadline for applications: October 20, 2020
Field of activity
In Nigeria, despite the high economic growth rates in recent years, there has been no significant reduction in poverty or an increase in employment. The long-term focus on the capital-intensive raw materials sector, which offers comparatively few jobs, has led to a neglect of employment-intensive areas such as construction and agriculture. In addition, the establishment of an efficient vocational training system was neglected. The two bilateral projects “needs-based professional qualification and youth employment” and “broad-based employment promotion” aim to improve the income-generating employment opportunities of Nigerian youth.
- Responsible for the financial administration of the projects (controlling, contracts, tenders, etc.) within the scope of the division of roles between the projects, the country office and the German GIZ locations
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports as well as tracking the expenditure of the two projects
- Management and control of finances (budget planning, cost and expenditure tracking, etc.)
- Establishing and maintaining appropriate monitoring systems
- Contact person for internal controls and audits
- Proper accounting in accordance with the GIZ and EU co-financing regulations
- Preparation of the financial reports for the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development and the EU
- Completed studies in business administration (focus on controlling, accounting or similar) or commercial training combined with relevant professional experience
- Experience in order, finance and contract management
- Knowledge of SAP or WINPACCS is an advantage
- Ideally, knowledge of the financial implementation of EU programs
- Experience especially in an intercultural context
- Proactive and creative way of working
- Good communication skills
- Business fluent German and English skills, spoken and written
In order to do justice to the special features of the deployment at a location with a fragile security situation, GIZ offers an additional, attractive service package. You can find more information on this in the TV Fragility employee brochure, in the appendix to the guideline on the collective agreement on conditions of employment in fragile contexts and in the FAQs.
The following link provides information about living and working in Nigeria .
The security situation is tense. Special precautionary measures apply to GIZ employees on site. GIZ’s guidelines on security measures must be followed at all times. Please also inform yourself about country-specific information from the Federal Foreign Office. GIZ is on site with a professional security risk management system. The freedom of movement is restricted. There are no restrictions on the part of GIZ for family members to leave the country. If necessary, we ask you to find out which forms of relationship are legally and socially accepted in the country of assignment.
GIZ operates worldwide. As a GIZ employee, you are ready to work internationally and are happy to pass on your know-how.
The job is suitable for full-time or part-time staff. The willingness to take regular business trips is required.
Please understand that we can only accept and process applications via our e-recruiting system. After confirming the successfully created application, we ask you to check your spam / junk folder regularly, as e-mails from our eRecruiting system are classified as spam by some providers.
GIZ would like to increase the number of people with disabilities in the company. Therefore, we look forward to relevant applications.
Here you can get an overview of our service packages.
The prerequisite for the conclusion of the contract is the lifting of the restrictions on travel and business travel currently in force in the company to contain the spread of the Covid 19 virus.